“Best sangria outside of Spain!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Evuna Deansgate
Ranked #37 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$19 - US$62
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best sangria outside of Spain!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Initially went with another couple in my first visit. The sangria was amazing! Would definitely recommend ordering it, you won't be disappointed!

On the 2nd visit, I went as part of a couple. We ordered some tapas. The calamari is one of their best! Generous portions and all very tasty! We were stuffed!

The only downside of this restaurant is how cramped it is. All the tables are close together, so you feel like you can't have a conversation. The occasional elbow/handbag to the head as customers try and reach their tables, really doesn't give it a romantic atmosphere. Would be worth going on a mid week evening

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kendal, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing Service and average food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Booked this restaurant a few weeks in advance for myself and my wife, when we arrived we were pointed to a table near the bar which was very busy and noisy, the table had just been cleared but not cleaned and needed setting. I noticed several tables which were laid out nicely in the main dining area and asked if we could be seated at one of these. The waitress pointed us to another table which was only partly set, no candles or glasses. We asked why we could not seat at one the tables which were set nicely and the waitress just shrugged her shoulders. In the end we had to ask for wine glasses and help ourselves to a candle from another table. We then had to wait and catch the attention of a waiter to order drinks and eventually food. What annoyed me was that other people were arriving and the staff where falling over themselves to serve them, (I assumed these to be regular guests) again we had to chase for drinks and when the food arrived it wasn’t very warm although the food was ok. The staff were not interested at all in providing a service, we finished our main course and nobody bothered to offer a desert menu, however the table next to us had the desert menu brought to them straight away. We also noticed that other tables had been provided with a jug of water. (We hadn’t). A very disappointing experience, in fact I cannot remember having such poor service and would not return to this restaurant.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Oldham, England
“Best tapas in Manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

If you are looking for authentic tapas in Manchester, this is the place to go. It might not be as trenty as El Rincon but for me, the food is better.

The 3 tapas for £9.99 is a fantastic deal but I would suggest paying that bit more and choosing from the main menu where there are some wonderful dishes.

The wine selection is also superb as you would expect considering it is actually a wine shop. Despite teh choice, you really can't go wrong with the house red which is also very reasonably priced.

It is worth booking as it does get very busy.

Mellor, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming on a cold evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Popping in on chance on a Sunday evening, we were met with friendly staff and a warm cosy taverna atmosphere with interesting wine displays and well designed lighting. We chose our tapas from the the 3 for a tenner menu (although there are more expensive items). Nine tapas between four with two breads was more than ample. Very tasty with larger portions than you get elsewhere. The chorizo sausage was delicious. Even better was the bill. With good house wine only £45. Highly recommended.

Didcot, Oxfordshire
“Delicious, authentic tapas in a friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Having just devoured four plates of wonderful tapas I can confirm the reviews of others. This place rocks! It's always a good sign when a restaurant is rammed on a Wednesday night. I turned up as a lone diner and was told they were fully booked, but was happy to accept the offer of sitting at the bar as the reviews I had read were so good. Smart move on my part! They were turning customers away at the door all evening. I asked the waiter for his recommendation of tapas. The gambas with garlic and chilli was succulent and flavoursome, the patatas with chorizo was to die for and the vegetable croquettes and chilli fillet steak rounded things off nicely. All washed down with a couple of glasses of house red while I listened with interest to the tutored wine tasting going on at the table next to me. Turns out this place is part tapas bar, part wine importer. Altogether a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.