“Perfect for lunch”

Ranked #313 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Chorlton
Description: Originally built in 1885, housed in the former Police Station on Beech Road In Chorlton.Unique and informal seasonal cooking - everything is homemade and cooked to order.We look forward to seeing you.
“Perfect for lunch”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I don't visit the Lead Station all that often but I have always had a good meal there when I choose to go there. Yesterday I shared a table with a girl friend for lunch. The service was attentive and prompt, with good interaction by the waiter. The food itself (I had the 'Eggs Lead Station') was simple but tasty. For a simple basic lunch it was just what we wanted.

• Visited March 2014
The Lead S, Manager at Lead Station, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear ChristineBurns

Thank you for giving some great feedback, we're very happy to hear that you and your friend had a great experience and it's lovely to hear that you were well looked after by our team.

We will look forward to hopefully seeing you more often.

Regards

The Management Team

London, United Kingdom
“Great brunch, want to go back”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went for a meal with friends so we could chat. Bright and airy restaurant with no distractions. Ordered four different breakfasts, each one was cooked to perfection. This is definitely worth making the trip.

• Visited March 2014
The Lead S, Owner at Lead Station, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear John P

Firstly thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

All feedback is welcome but I must say that this is particularly so.

Looks like you had a busy weekend up north.

We look forward to welcoming you back for dinner maybe on the next trip.

Kind regards,

Nick.
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting here for over 15 years so have seen a few changes to the interior and the staff and the menu. There was a time when it slipped down hill a little. But I still visited.
I took so friends here today for Brunch and well we were not disappointed. Excellent full English and Eggs Benedict. One friend had an omelette and said it was the best he'd ever had.. Staff are always friendly and it's not over priced..

The Lead S, Owner at Lead Station, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Bullchef

Just a quickie to say a big thanks for posting your review.

It is lovely to read such positive comments from a long time customer.

We have always aimed to provide great value and service and the team will be delighted to read this from you.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards.

Nick.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Still doing a good job”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

It's almost an institution in Chorlton and the food is always pretty good. I used to go a lot and I guess just got bored with the limited menu, but what you get is well done.

Visited January 2014
The Lead S, Manager at Lead Station, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear ArchieCarr

Thanks for taking time to post some feedback, we are delighted that we are still getting it right after all of these years and that people like yourself recognise that we're offering a great service.

I'm sorry to hear that you've become a little bored with the menu, we have just launched both our spring menu and our early evening offer both of which are full of exciting dishes, so we hope to see you soon!!

Regards

The Management Team
“Sunday roast lunch”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the roast beef Sunday lunch. The roast potatoes , which were sat on top of soggy vegetables, were discoloured, cold and more mush than crispy. The meat was tender and well cooked but the rest was Luke warm and lacking. I expected the meat to be served hot on a warm plate and a selection of vegetables to be given separately so we could take what we wanted. Very bad value for money, poorly cooked and the presentation was unattractive. Will not return or recommend.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Avril V
The Lead S, Owner at Lead Station, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Avril V

Thank you taking the time to post your review and I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your food.

I have investigated the circumstances surrounding your roast and we are taking steps to ensure that these are dealt with in future. I can only apologise and hope that you would reconsider visiting us again. Please be assured that your experience is not reflective of the vast majority of our customers and nor of the food we aim to serve.

Should you wish to contact me directly to discuss your experience further, please do so either by email at info@theleadstation.co.uk or on 0161 881 5559.

I hope to see you in restaurant again in the future.

Kind regards