“Burgers”

Ranked #313 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Chorlton
Description: Originally built in 1885, housed in the former Police Station on Beech Road In Chorlton.Unique and informal seasonal cooking - everything is homemade and cooked to order.We look forward to seeing you.
“Burgers”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I don't like to leave baf reviews to restaurants that quite clearly make the effort to serve proper home cooked food and make every effort with service so I don't. Around a good place to eat, lovely atmosphere and good menu. Here's my gripe, and hopefully the owner will take it on our. The burgers look great but just don't taste it. Its not the trimmings whivh are perfect it's the parties itself. It tastes like eating half cooked cheap mince meat lacks any flavour or seasoning, I feel the poor taste is masked by the other burger ingredients and sauces. Get a better pattie and we will be back for sure. Good all round experience.

The Lead S, Manager at Lead Station, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hi Stuart G, thank you very much for your review and feedback. I have put your points to our chef who has assured me the quality of our beef is of the highest quality and is the same supplier to the likes of Selfridges. Our burgers are only lightly seasoned when cooking but not added to the mince itself. We have had many suggestions about what people feel can or should be added to a burger but we feel the best medium is to simply season whilst cooking. I hope to see you at the Lead Station in the future trying one of our many superb dishes on our menu. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and your feedback.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“was good food... now poor!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

i have been here many times.... however it is nowhere near the standard that you would expect for the price :(

Visited March 2014
Dear Leroy S

I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your last visit, our aim is to offer consistently great food, drink and service to all. As you have visited many times I'm hoping that this was an isolated instance.

We use a great team of suppliers and feel this contributes to our menu prices alongside the knowledge that all of our dishes are freshly home cooked.

I would love to discuss your experience further with you, if you would like to do so you are very welcome to either email me at in for the lead station.co.uk or you can call me on 0161 8815559.

I will look forward to hearing from you and also to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Anne
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Reasonably priced brunch menu, with good selection. My child had an excellent pasta with bolognese...it was in a rich sauce, which clearly contained "hidden veg". A real winner and generous enough to fill a hungry 8 year old. Well done Lead Station...your food is much improved compared to a couple of years ago. Anyone who has been and was disappointed before I recommend you give it another go.

Dear Claire P

We are so glad that you had a lovely brunch and that we have managed to surpass your previous expectations, we are constantly striving to give guests the best experience possible combining quality and cost of products as well as great service so comments like yours really help us to know this is happening.

We're very glad we're also keeping the kids happy as well as sneakily helping with their 5 a day which we all know can be a battle!!

Hope to see you and your family soon.

Regards

The Management Team
“Perfect for lunch”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I don't visit the Lead Station all that often but I have always had a good meal there when I choose to go there. Yesterday I shared a table with a girl friend for lunch. The service was attentive and prompt, with good interaction by the waiter. The food itself (I had the 'Eggs Lead Station') was simple but tasty. For a simple basic lunch it was just what we wanted.

Dear ChristineBurns

Thank you for giving some great feedback, we're very happy to hear that you and your friend had a great experience and it's lovely to hear that you were well looked after by our team.

We will look forward to hopefully seeing you more often.

Regards

The Management Team
London, United Kingdom
“Great brunch, want to go back”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went for a meal with friends so we could chat. Bright and airy restaurant with no distractions. Ordered four different breakfasts, each one was cooked to perfection. This is definitely worth making the trip.

The Lead S, Owner at Lead Station, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear John P

Firstly thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

All feedback is welcome but I must say that this is particularly so.

Looks like you had a busy weekend up north.

We look forward to welcoming you back for dinner maybe on the next trip.

Kind regards,