“Dont be put off”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Dont be put off by the outside look of this place. The exterior and also the interior need a lot of TLC but the food was wonderful, the service was brilliant and the servers were most attentive.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Myself and my husband were visiting Manchester over the weekend. We found a little Thai restaurant. A little out dated but the service and food overall was great. Later we decided to visit the bar upstairs which we could hear every time the door was opened.
Karaoke drinks and flashing lights almost perfect. Only bottle beer which my husband made a point of. The service up stairs was okay the music was all over the place however I'd say the DJ was paying more attention to the lady's at the time. All in all a very good experience and if we are in Manchester again we will return.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Love our Thai food, and whilst there are better Thai restaurants in Manchester, most the good ones are more expensive and for the price this place is very intimate. Staff were not the most attentive however.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

In Manchester with friends for Mardi Gras we were looking for somewhere to have a quick bite to eat before returning to The Village to watch the evening's entertainment. This restaurant fitted the bill perfectly. Warm welcome, assistance with a broken pair of glasses, lovely bottle of Pinot Grigio for £15 and a great sharing platter followed by delicious main courses. Service was pleasant and our waitress knew how to please. I will definitely return when next in Manchester.

1  Thank Foodie50XX
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Returned to Siam Orchid as we had a Tastecard and you can get 2 for 1 on it (starters and mains, I think). Although it says on the Tastecard website that you have to book in advance, we just turned up as it was early evening and the restaurant was empty, so there wasn't a problem. I have been before and the food is average but as we needed to eat 'cheap' decided to visit again. Had starters - one was battered seafood with mussels, squid and prawns (the squid and mussels were pretty chewy). The other starter we had was 'king prawn spring roll' which turned out to be 3 miserable prawns in filo pastry on the plate - definitely would have been even less impressed if I was paying full price! I had a pad khee mao for the main with king prawns and the prawn portion was actually quite generous. However I have noticed that they like to 'pad out' their dish with shredded cabbage under the noodles which makes it look like a generous portion when it was actually pretty miserable - perhaps they were only doing this as we were dining on the Tastecard?? Still, unforgiveable! My husband ordered a noodle dish with gravy and the crispy pork belly was a little hard (I did warn him!!) The flavour of the gravy was also a bit strange - more sweet than savoury and besides that, actually pretty bland. The service was good, we had no problems with that and I do like the cosiness of the restaurant. All in all, another underwhelming experience in Siam Orchid - there are definitely much better Thai restaurants around in Manchester, and Siam Orchid is actually pretty pricey for the average-tasting food they are serving. Seeing a our Tastecard is running out, we probably won't be visiting again in future....unless of course, another deal emerges....

1  Thank doofvfood