“Quality food, upbeat and relaxed”

Hawksmoor Manchester
Ranked #43 of 2,499 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$53 - US$79
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 'A place to blur day with night over cocktails and the country's finest meat' Time Out Manchester. Located in a late Victorian courthouse on Deansgate, next door to Spinningfields, our aim is to serve the best steaks in Manchester. The interior is true to the building and features lots of reclaimed materials from the era, including parquet flooring from a (different) courthouse, panelling from Birmingham's Sandwell College and (well-cleaned) glazed bricks from a public lavatory in Liverpool. As at all of our restaurants there's £5 corkage every Monday and on Sundays there's the roast beef that Observer Food Monthly named 'Best Sunday Lunch in the UK'. Manchester is perfect for a wide range of events including award ceremonies, film premier parties and cocktail receptions. The restaurant can accommodate up to 150 people and also has a private dining room for up to 14 people. For information on private hire and events, please contact our events department.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Fantastic experience at this restaurant last night. When I arrived they walked me into the restaurant and let me choose which table I felt comfortable at (as I was eating alone...the joys of travelling with work!). The waiter, Maise, was fantastic, with exceptional customer service skills - thank you! The atmosphere was friendly, upbeat and yet relaxing...5 stars well deserved!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,854)

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We ordered 2 x vodka diet cokes (£8.25 each) and started with the three scallops (£14.50) which were absolutely delicious. My friend had the steak carpaccio (£12) which he said was perfect. I then had the hake (£14) which was wonderful, and my friend had the cheeseburger (£14) with the beef dripping chips (£3). I also had the field mushrooms (£4) which were great, and the spinach with lemon and garlic (£5) which personally I found had too much lemon. As a desert we shared the ambassadors (£9), which is like a massive Ferraro Roche. It was done very well and my friend in particular loved it. Service was perfect as was ambience, although it was quiet inside. Would certainly visit again if I was in the area.

1  Thank august01
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Good food, lovely ambience and attentive but un fussy service...what's not to like about this quality dining experience.

1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here today average service. I had the lunch time special of steak and chips, the chips were cold the steak was undercooked and very fatty. The waiter asked if everything was okay when I told him about the quality of the steak he just shrugged his shoulders and tried to explain the reason for the poor quality. My first visit was great, second poor don't think I'll be going again

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Having arrived and been told that we had not got a reservation even though we had a confirmation, the evening got worse, very noisy restaurant, the wine asked for had run out and when my steak turned up it was the worst quality steak I have ever been served.
Not only was the quality of the meat appalling but somehow they had managed to over cook the steak whilst still being cold in the middle.
The staff did change the steak without any argument as even they could see how bad it was, but by the time the new one was served obviously everyone else had finished.
I do not think I would ever go back as for a restaurant that supposedly is a steak restaurant to serve such an appalling example is an insult to its customers.

1  Thank David S