1,693 results
All reviews honey restaurant rooftop bar inner sanctum brass bar welcome cocktail fur throw afternoon tea private members quirky touches mini bar king street quirky hotel turn down service top floor amazing hotel on arrival birthday treat
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed on Friday 22nd April for my girlfriend's birthday, in room 505 the Burgess suite. I ordered additional flowers to the room as a surprise which were excellent (my only critique would be a lack of flower food sachet but that would be the florist not the hotel). Everything was of a quality I expected from a hotel of this standard, I have no problems paying top dollar for premium service and experience and this is exactly what Gotham delivered. We didn't eat in the restaurant as we had a previous reservation and my girlfriend wanted something a little different to the breakfast menu, the private bar was fantastic and the balcony views breath taking.

Would recommend to everyone, will definitely be staying again!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Dulce M, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Good morning Chris
Thank you so much for your 5 star review.
I am delighted you had a wonderful stay at Gotham.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

A one night break, I felt I had been away for a long weekend after one night at this hotel. It's just superb. Quite quirky in places which I loved. Breakfast was delicious, service was relaxed but exacting, the views from the top of the building are just stunning. I need to know who makes their beds, they are the comfiest I have ever slept in!! No faults what so ever. If I win the lottery tonight I'm moving in permanently...

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Dulce M, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

Good morning 91jilly1963
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Gotham.
Please feel free to send me your contact details and I'll send the details of the bed manufacturer.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
dulce.marques@hotelgotham.co.uk

Stunning themed hotel
Perfect location
Attentive and very polite staff
Fantastic service
Valet service
Drinks on arrival
Private members bar
Amazing cocktails
Can't wait to re-visit

Good Afternoon princessWigan
We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Booked for my husband for his birthday and I must say this hotel is amazing. Rooms are beautiful and well thought out with great attention to detail.
Made out stay a little bit special with a happy birthday wrote in chocolate on a plate and left in the room (a lovely touch)
Sat on the balcony at night, was brought a fleece blanket and asked if our phones needed charging.
Cocktails are amazing!
Loved every minute of staying here and can't wait to stay again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Good morning lisad412Cheshire
Thank you so much for your most kind review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your experience at Gotham.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

This white stone former bank is a beautiful building.

The hotel is a great experience. The design is coherent and consistent throughout. Some lovely quirky touches like the old style Gotham Bugle newspapers used instead of a traditional bound and laminated guest services book. The miniature old style bottle of milk in the fridge is a lovely touch and a refreshing change from those awful individual pots.

The wardrobe cum minibar is wonderfully equipped with a mixture of styles of perfectly clean glasses, the usual booze, soft drinks and some snacks but also a bottle of wine and an own branded block of hand made chocolate from local chocolatier Slattery.

Service is top notch and I've stayed at some good (and bad) hotels around the world.

The rooms are spacious with very high ceilings and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was big too and equally delightful.

The only minor irritation was that light got in around the sides of the floor to ceiling drapes which spoilt my sleep somewhat as I need it to be dark.

Breakfast of porridge with honey was delicious. Toast came in Gotham swag bags which seemed odd but helped keep it warm. There was plenty of choice. Others in our party had a variety of requests all dealt with no fuss and came looking lovely.

The roof top bar has a small area outside which has great views out across Manchester and out to the Pennines.

I didn't think it at all expensive for what it offers.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Good morning James C
Thank you so much for your most helpful comments
I am delighted you had a wonderful experience at Gotham.
I am so sorry the drapes didn't obscure the light completely, we will defenitely look into it.
Please contact me directly when you're planning your next visit to Gotham, you may want to try one of our windowless Inner Sanctum Suites.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
dulce.marques@hotelgotham.co.uk