“Lone diner”

Ranked #119 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dine in one of Manchester's most lively and cosmopolitan areas at the brilliant Bella Italia restaurant in Deansgate. Set amongst the areas numerous restaurants and bars, Bella Italia is a top spot for affordable Italian dining. Warm colours create a cosy ambience and the typical bistro style furnishings are a trademark style of Bella Italias throughout the UK. The menu offers a whole host of Italian classics from pizza to pasta and salads to grilled meat and fish. Try the succulent Italian burger served with ciabatta and mozzarella or the juicy chargrilled salmon steak with green beans, roasted new potatoes and olive and tomato salsa. The dessert list is too good to miss with tiramisu, lemon tart and banoffee pie amongst others to choose from.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I visited Bella Italia for a quick meal after work. The staff were very friendly to the lone female diner. I ordered the Gamberoni Risotto from the Autumn menu and it was delicious. I had a glass of wine and unfortunately had to return it, telling the waiter the lipstick on one side was mine, but the one on the other side wasn't :). He very kindly not only gave me a fresh glass but wine from a new bottle too! Good vale for money.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We visited Bella Italia last night as a treat before going to watch Wicked. The staff were friendly and helpful. I ordered from the autumn menu and wasn't disappointed with my Bella grill, it was delicious. My daughter and husband both ordered Italian food and they both really enjoyed their meal. My daughter got a banana milk shake which was really thick and tasty. We had a very enjoyable evening and we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The staff are lovely, they were really giving 100%. But the food was just not worth the price, it was very average. And avoid the milkshakes, very watery. I think they made them with ice instead of ice cream.
Overall - with the best of intentions of the staff, unfortunately it's just not up to scratch.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

So in Manchester looking for a bite to eat before a concert, pizza's were average, pasta dish's were OK.

Would probably go here again

Reviewed 4 October 2013

3 of us went for a pre-concert meal. I ordered the chicken pasta bake, it was obviously pre-cooked and microwaved, because the sauce had merged into the pasta, which made it very dry and the pasta was a bit soggy. It was awful, i left most of it and waitress didnt even think to ask how was the meal. However the other 2 people I was with enjoyed their pizzas. I think it’s expensive for what it is. I feel it is geared up to people with vouchers who get 2 for 1 or 25%off. Would go again but order a different meal as long as I had a voucher.

2  Thank travelfamilylou