“Walked past for last 25 years”
Review of The Rice Bowl

The Rice Bowl
Ranked #59 of 2,329 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have walked past this restaurant quite a few times over the last 25 years and never thought of calling in until recently, however I wish I would have earlier as the who experience was amazing. The food, service, atmosphere and friendliness of the staff was great. After chatting to a waitress she told me the restaurant had actually been open for 50+ years and with this type of service and food you can see why.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank ElliottApp
There are newer reviews for The Rice Bowl

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Delicious food, delightful experience!
Lovely restaurant, with a subtle Chinese ambiance. Family run, with a warm welcome and friendly service. Dined with my 87 year old mother who thought it a 'grand place' .
The only downside, for her, was the steep steps, which proved difficult to negotiate.
Recommended.

1  Thank steviegs
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Found this place on the last night of our break. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food was fantastic. Lots to choose from on the menu and plenty vegetarian choices too.

1  Thank ha89
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I have a long stay in the city. And this is a place found through TripAdvisor. The food here is very good. Makes me feels at home. The chicken meat, the soup and the vegetables, all good. Since I am alone, the waiter recommends me to take small plate dish, instead of "up selling".

I ordered a set food, which include a starter, a main dish and rice. I also add a vegetable side dish plus a drink. It is above my limit a bit, since I have been longing for Chinese foods. All costs 19.5 Pounds.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Quick service, nice dining room and good value - 8 quid for the lunch menu. Oh, and the food's good too!

1  Thank 773Simon