“Best steak I've ever had”
Review of Gaucho Manchester

Gaucho Manchester
Ranked #72 of 2,296 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$52 - US$90
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak I've ever had”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The service was fantastic, server was very knowledgable. I ordered the chateaubriand medium and it was the BEST steak I've ever had. For sauces I would highly recommend the smoked garlic hollandaise sauce (was def the best one on the table). Also my friend and I shared the ceviche platter; the ecuadorian one and the tuna steak were wonderful (was seriously upset there wasn't more of tuna steak!). wasn't a huge fan of the prawn one though; would recommend just getting a tuna steak ceviche.

atmosphere was very sophisticated/mellow

• Visited December 2013

• Indonesian first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Not as good as the first time”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My partner booked this as a way to start our holiday which was a nice treat. Having visited this Gaucho for valentines day last year and having a great experience I was really excited. This time we visited at lunchtime and the place was virtually empty, left me wondering how they justify staying open for lunch! We went straight for the main and I chose a breaded sirloin steak. I wouldn't recommend it. I was trying to experiment and try something new and it didn't pay off. I was very jealous of my partners choice of a well done rump - and I like my steak medium rare! Other than that everything else was as expected and the only criticism I would have is that although the restaurant was quiet (whilst we were eating there were a maximum of 4 other tables) the staff were not as attentive and I had an empty glass for a while

Cork
“Great meal”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Third time here and it didn't disappoint. More an up market restaurant for a special occasion than for eating every day. The service was good but not too intrusive, the food fabulous and the atmosphere electric.would certainly recommend it

Harrogate
“Good steak”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Superb steak house.Love this restaurant is worth every penny.Their meat is simply delicious.Modern buzzing atmosphere and super friendly staff.

• Visited November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Faboulsly tasty!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Brilliant atmosphere for a birthday treat. Bar cosy and platform seating so we could see everything that was cooked. Meal was delicious and service was spot on. Thank you!

• Visited November 2013