“CLOSED”

Isinglass English Dining Rooms
Price range: US$31 - US$41
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Manchester
“CLOSED”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good when it was open and run by the two ladies. It changed hands and was good, but it has been closed for two years now.

Visited June 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Standards needs to improve......”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Late but necessary review. The standard needs to improve......
If I had paid the normal prices I wouldn't be writing this review but it was in no way worth £70 per head just for the food.
My starter was very small and not up to standard the main course also very sparse and not very hot. The pudding was like something you would get in a chain restaurant.......
I have eaten there before and it is hit and miss to be honest but I expected more over
Christmas for the money. The meal was nowhere near as good as you would normally get for half the price!
The service was not very smooth either waiting for drinks to be served and generally not feeling looked after.
I hate saying bad things about anything generally but the difference between what we paid and what we received was massive......never again.
In fairness I have never had a good meal in any restaurant over the Christmas period but we thought Isinglass would be different...................

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Palmer228
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Locally sourced food, great service, great value served on quirky slate plates. Advanced booking recommended.

Visited November 2012
Manchester
“Very nice wedding anniversary meal at a pleasantly reasonable cost.”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Booked this only the day before and was in some doubt as I got no acknowledgement of my call. When I texted a query the next day I did get a confirmation and at the restaurant an apology that they had been unable to hear my number(?) . Anyway the food is what counts and it was delicious. Service a bit idiosyncratic as only one ftont of house member of staff. But a very enjoyable experience and the bill was very reasonable on account of the set price arrangement.
We have been here before for 'special' meals and will certainly be going again. Highly recommended .

“Beautiful food fusion”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Isinglass in Urmston Manchester serves excellent food in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. It is a limited menu,but always cooked to perfection- they always use locally sourced food.Its best to book as limited in seating if you want to eat at a busy time.

My one complaint would be they didnt have the elderflower drink last time we went,and i feel that always compliments the taste of the food if you dont want/need alchohol.

For non drivers it is only 2 minutes across the road from Urmston train station,the Liverpool to Manchester Oxford road line.

• Visited October 2012