“Surprisingly good 4 the price”
Review of Villaggio - CLOSED

Villaggio
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Because there was 10 of us they gave us a deal of 3 coures for 12.50 each. All our individual courses were very good nicely presented & if applicably srrved hot. All very taste. Quite busy but not mega for a friday night. Pleasant atmosphere with plenty of well trained staff.
We woild recommend this restaurant to anybody. We will definitely go back.
Other people's food on other tables looked very nice. The place is very smartly decorated with very comfortable leather seating. Could not vouch for other restaurants in canal street or in the area but this one is a winner. Do yourself a favour & go you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Been going here for years, food is always good, good service, most staff are lovely & helpful, there is one young guy who has a bit of an attitude & air about him, not a particular nice person especially when waiting on people. We have taken different friends & all have enjoyed.
Great location & always a great atmosphere, love sitting by the window.

1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I dined here twice the other week whilst on a course, fist I had a steak which was cooked as I like with a very nice sauce. Second time I had a pizza which was very tasty. The place has a nice atmosphere and the waitress who served me on both occasions was very personable and friendly.
I would recommend this place and hope to visit next time I'm in Manchester

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Pleasant welcome to this restaurant, but we were seated almost next to a pair of drunk old men, one of which wandered off outside and fell over before coming back in. The language was dreadful. All credit to the staff for looking after them though. Large selection on the menu and the food was very good quality and very well presented. Service was good but we weren't asked if everything was OK etc. Also, one of the staff walked past people eating with a black bin bag of rubbish, which is rather inappropriate. Well priced food and tasted like it had been freshly cooked. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

One of my friends has been here a number of times with work and he highly recommended it. So when the rare opportunity to have a catch-up arose I decided to give it a go.

One thing I would like to make clear is that we did arrive mid-afternoon (as my train was early evening) so it was rather empty, so visitors may have a different experience at busier times.

The food was good and very reasonably priced, considering I typically spend more on takeaways which was a very pleasant surprise. The staff were also very welcoming, with our waitress appearing genuinely friendly. The only negative I can think of is that the house white isn't particularly nice.

All-in-all a very good experience.