“Christmas menu”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went to Dimitris for our Christmas night out. Less than half the food from the set menu arrived. Management not helpful at all. Very, very disappointed.
Will never go again.

1  Thank westiegirl3
Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have heard a lot of positive reviews about Dimitri's, so I was excited to go. However, our experience was completely tainted by the truly awful service. I would go as far as to say that it was the worst service I have ever had.

First, they would not add seats to our booking, even though I had explained that we needed to book for 15 to 20 people. The manager had said to me on the phone that this was fine, and that we could add/take away place settings when we arrived. This was not possible in the end and he then said that the 4 "extra" people would have to sit on a separate table. The worst part of all of this was that when I had asked kindly for the second time if it would be possible to extend the table, he asked me if I "understood" - which I found extremely patronising and very rude.

Second, we had several drinks/dish orders that just didn't come but that we ended up paying for. It also took so long to order simple things like water - on a day where it is 27 degrees! The water came an hour into being at the restaurant...after being asked for multiple times by everyone. Not to mention that we were seated at 8:15 and received food at 10pm...at which point no one was even hungry anymore!

Third, I was asked by a waitress "if I had a problem" when I asked her for water for the third time and told her I didn't need my plate clearing as I had more tapas coming (I was trying to do her a favour!) - which I was quite taken aback by. The manager had to step in and apologise on her behalf, which was just unbelievable.

There were several other occasions when staff were rude to us, and acted like we were an inconvenience. I just wished that they hadn't accepted our booking, as they clearly cannot cater for large parties.

I wouldn't normally complain, especially on TripAdvisor, but I feel so angry about our experience that I feel it needs to be shared so others don't have the same experience. The food itself was good, and good value for the price, however after the service we received I feel that it would not be worth revisiting for the food alone - which is a shame seeing how hard the chefs were working!!

1  Thank K C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very friendly staff, the food was excellent and there was plenty of it. The venue is lovely (especially the outside dining area which is under a glass roof). There is a price for everyone - my boyfriend and I are students and were able to dine for £25 each for a meat meze and drinks.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had our second meal here yesterday, the first was only a month ago and we enjoyed it so much we returned very quickly! The food is amazing, if you love tapas you will love it here. There were three of us and we had 8 dishes which included falafel, vine leaves, whitebait, halloumi, all so tasty and filing. We sat in the outside terrace which was lovely on a warm day. It's nice to support an independent, family run restaurant rather than a chain, which there are so many of in Manchester these days.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went Here Sun 20th July for a Birthday Meal with my Wife & my Parents
Everything was spot on,We ordered Tapas as a Starter but beware the portions are quite large so dont do what 3 of us did and order 2 each!!!!
The Mains were Brilliant again,2 had Prawn & Rice Dishes and the other 2 had Meals from the Grill(Again very Large)
all finished off with 1 Portion of Banoffee Pie and 2 Lots of Ice-Cream