“GLAD I FOUND HOME”

Home
Ranked #3 of 63 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: HOME is Manchester’s centre for international contemporary art, theatre and film. The two theatres show an exciting, eclectic mix of plays with an international focus. The five cinemas showcase the very best in contemporary and classic cinema. The gallery presents work by emerging and established artists. We also have a restaurant, bar and bookshop.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon and evening spent at Home. My friends and I had coffee and delicious cake while watching the ice skating outside where a young man proposed to his girlfriend much to the surprise of onlookers. So romantic and he had planned it well with the rink staff bringing the champagne and filming it for them. The Capsid exhibition was on. This represented how viruses such as HIV replicate in the body through film, animation, drawing, print, painting, sculpture, installation and costume. it was thought provoking and a lot to take in. Unusual and interesting. We went to see an interactive play called The Maids by Jean Genet. Men playing the parts of women. Luke Mullins, Jake Fairbrother and Danny Lee Wynter captivated us all and thier acting was superb. The play was dramatic, intense and on the verge of erotic at points. The line between imagination and reality when the maids dress in their mistress's clothes while she is out had me transfixed. The aim was to murder her and I would watch this well acted quirky play all over again. I must add that the chips in the restaurant were the tastiest I've had in Manchester too. Cakes delicous! A clean and peaceful venue with helpful staff. I'll be back regularly now I've checked it out.

Date of experience: November 2018
"great night"
"cornerhouse"
in 61 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great place to go with a group - staff happy to accommodate. Extensive menu - too many things to read but something for everyone. And the vegetarian options are actually delicious - the pulsy sheperds pie (I'm reliably informed was excellent). I had the fried chicken which was tasty, but why such pathetic portions of coleslaw? And the puddings menu was not very inspiring. Great daiquiri though and that makes up for everything.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

We had a nice meal before watching a movie. I enjoyed our evening and would be very happy to go back for another visit.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Great selection of films here, and we ate a very good vegan meal in the restaurant after, lots of choice, particularly for vegetarians and vegans, the service was helpful, and the food was great. An all round great experience.

Date of experience: September 2018