“Poor food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We went for lunch, wish we hadn't. The waiter was okay, pleasant enough. The food however was horrible. The brushetta was bland and over topped so everything fell off and onto the plate, the chicken liver pate left a strange taste in your mouth. The pizza I had for my main was on the lunch menu, too much cheese with a bland and soggy base. I expected more from this restaurant as I have friends who say it's fantastic. Maybe the pastas are better, wish I had one of them instead.

2  Thank Wez W

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times. First time with my husband at around 8:30pm where we received a calm relaxed atmospheric service. Great food, great service, great atmosphere and great prices.

The second time we arrived at the restaurant at 6pm with our two boys 14yr old and 4 yr old. It was my little mans 4th birthday and he wanted pasta!

I have to say The Italian Job (Urmston) have got the balance just right. We sat downstairs with other families and it was busy. The atmosphere was buzzing, everyone was having a good time. What impressed me was that they had toys available for the children to pick out and play with at the table and a fantastic fish tank that the children were mesmerised with! The service was great, the food was great and the atmosphere was great. The fact that they were busy didnt phase them at all.

I am tired of going out to restuarants with the family and having to ensure my children dont speak too loud or dont move from their chair, dont make too much mess. Receiving glares from couples or others that dissaprove of children being children and enjoying their meals and chit chat at the table. (I am not the only one to say this but my boys are very good, very respectful and very well behaved) This restuarant embraced the fact that children have the right to attend a restuarant and are not restricted to McDonalds and the likes.

This restuarant has been going for as long as I can remember and I have never once had a bad service (I even held my husbands 40th there and had a ball!!!)

All I will say is obviously check the times that you are eating. You dont want to be having a romantic meal for two during the busy family times!!

Well done The Italian Job keep it up and hope you keep going for LONGER then I can remember!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I booked the Italian job for my 50 th birthday.There was 40 in my party and we were sat in the large room upstairs with plenty of space.The food was very good and was served promptly ,after the meal there was a disco / karioke .Overall this is a good venue for a party or works doo etc.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We booked the Italian job to say farewell to a valued member of staff-there were 20 of us on our table & 20+ on another table.
The food was fantastic three courses all hot & very tasty-the staff were amazing how they served that many people so well was brilliant.
The bar was great!!! After the meal there was a Dance floor & music which because we were in a group was a real treat.
If your thinking of booking this for a group celebration do it you won't regret it.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I went here with my girlfriend the other night. The service and atmosphere were good, but the food, whilst nice enough, was standard fare, which did nothing to set itself out from any other Italian restaurant.

1  Thank Stoofpotje