“Won't be going again”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Won't be going again”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Can't say I'm a regular, however I have given The Italian Job it's last chance...
Visited twice in the last couple of months, once in a group and more recently with my husband.
The decor is dated and well over due a face lift...!
The menu hasn't changed for some time.
The service is slow, too many tables, not enough staff...
(Although the staff are friendly, but rushed)
We had garlic bread with huge chunks of under cooked garlic... Over cooked fish with a lumpy sauce, vegetables & roasted potatoes that were obviously pre cooked & then re heated in the microwave!
The only dish that I would recommend are the ribs... But in future they'll be ordered as a take away meal... Sorry, but think this restaurant is surviving on its past reputation, too many better places to eat.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Anna L

“Brill”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Went with my girlfriend and visiting Mum and Aunt last night. Food and service were brilliant. Would wholly recommend.

Thanks!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stoofpotje
“best Italian in Urmston”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I been few times food always go staff always nice the garlic bread is lovely I like there pasta dishes are good the clarmarie is very good to the pafitrools are nice I go at latest 1s very few months

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ab7mcfc
“Poor food”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We went for lunch, wish we hadn't. The waiter was okay, pleasant enough. The food however was horrible. The brushetta was bland and over topped so everything fell off and onto the plate, the chicken liver pate left a strange taste in your mouth. The pizza I had for my main was on the lunch menu, too much cheese with a bland and soggy base. I expected more from this restaurant as I have friends who say it's fantastic. Maybe the pastas are better, wish I had one of them instead.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Wez W
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just great for a family early evening meal”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times. First time with my husband at around 8:30pm where we received a calm relaxed atmospheric service. Great food, great service, great atmosphere and great prices.

The second time we arrived at the restaurant at 6pm with our two boys 14yr old and 4 yr old. It was my little mans 4th birthday and he wanted pasta!

I have to say The Italian Job (Urmston) have got the balance just right. We sat downstairs with other families and it was busy. The atmosphere was buzzing, everyone was having a good time. What impressed me was that they had toys available for the children to pick out and play with at the table and a fantastic fish tank that the children were mesmerised with! The service was great, the food was great and the atmosphere was great. The fact that they were busy didnt phase them at all.

I am tired of going out to restuarants with the family and having to ensure my children dont speak too loud or dont move from their chair, dont make too much mess. Receiving glares from couples or others that dissaprove of children being children and enjoying their meals and chit chat at the table. (I am not the only one to say this but my boys are very good, very respectful and very well behaved) This restuarant embraced the fact that children have the right to attend a restuarant and are not restricted to McDonalds and the likes.

This restuarant has been going for as long as I can remember and I have never once had a bad service (I even held my husbands 40th there and had a ball!!!)

All I will say is obviously check the times that you are eating. You dont want to be having a romantic meal for two during the busy family times!!

Well done The Italian Job keep it up and hope you keep going for LONGER then I can remember!!!!

• Visited August 2013