“Much better than expected”
Review of English Lounge

English Lounge
Ranked #306 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had been told that I would not like this venue, but I did!
The menu was good and it was two courses for £15. The starter and main course were excellent and the portion size was good.
It is an unusual venue. A pub downstairs and a restaurant with chandeliers upstairs. The atmosphere was great and I would definitely pay a return visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and I had lunch here recently. He had mussels with crusty bread and they were amazing. The were huge. I had a pie which was very good too. My only criticism is that the chips were not home made. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I visited the English Lounge on a wet Manchester afternoon and were pleasantly surprised how good the whole experience was. We sat upstairs which was quieter and served good fresh sandwiches and chips with a really nice house wine. They were decent portions and great value. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I ate at the English Lounge last Sunday and had one of the best meals out ever. I chose the turkey Sunday lunch which was fantastic and plentiful and my husband had the lamb and mint pie, which he has told everybody about. The staff could not do enough for you and NEVER had a minute. They certainly never stop. We were shown to our table, brought menus, brought drinks and then served our meal. I would definitely be eating there again next time we were are in Manchester. The price was excellent too, 2 delicious meals for under £20.00 in a city...can't be bad and no faults found whatsoever...well done English Lounge and see you next time!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Service at this pub restaurant is both efficient and friendly but it is the quality of the food that you will most appreciate. The menu offers a good choice and the food is beautifully cooked and well presented. Add to this a range of beverages which includes good wines and draught ales and there is no reason to go anywhere else!

1  Thank Susy0