“New menu certainly delivered”
Review of Taurus - CLOSED

Taurus
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“New menu certainly delivered”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Last night my partner and I attended the new menu launch at Taurus as I have to say we were blown away by the impressive Autumn/Winter menu. The venue was warm and inviting as always with a great buzz. After a couple of drinks at the bar we were seated. We shared two of the new starters, duck spring rolls and the salmon and goats cheese. Both were excellent. The mains were equally as impressive with my partner enjoying the slow cooked pork belly with roasted veg and I loved the salmon and broccoli pasta. As always the service was amazing. Well done Taurus and good luck with the new menu.

Ric B, Manager at Taurus, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your great review. I'm sure you will be able to sample all of the new menu over the coming months!

Dublin, Ireland
“2 course microwave lunch deal”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Visited on a Friday 08/11/13 and went for the 2 course deal. I had the chicken which was microwaved to within an inch of its life, Eton Mess was nice but you get what you pay for so didn’t bother causing a fuss. Service is excellent just a shame about the food.

Visited November 2013
Ric B, Manager at Taurus, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate all feedback. I apologise that you were not satisfied with your meal on this occasion. If you had brought it to our attention we would have dealt with it accordingly.
I hope that you would consider visiting us again to experience the 'excellent' service that you mention and a more enjoyable meal.
Kind regards
Ulverston, United Kingdom
“An evening after a days shopping in Manchester”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Are an exhausting days shopping my friend Michelle and I decided to have a meal at Taurus. One of our favourite Bar/Restaurants on Canal st. As usual we where welcomed and the attentive staff who were friendly and chatty. We had a happy hour bottle of wine, between us, which is always good value for money and chose out main course. The meal and presentation was excellent as was the quality of the food. We decided on a sweet to round off the day even though we are both still trying to lose weight for our holidays next year. We obtained Christmas menu's for Taurus that look superb and will no doubt be there next month when we visit Manchester pre Christmas for the festive season.

Ric B, Manager at Taurus, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I am very pleased that you had such a great experience at Taurus. We would love to have you back over Christmas, please don't hesitate to get in touch to reserve your table!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“great place”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Went Sunday evening quite but nice to relax .. lovely atmosphere been going about 4 years now always nice .. chilled relaxed .. great food .. lovely service not in your face .. good looking waiters .. very nice ! went with friend who must have enjoyed as he went back last night as working there for 3 nights ..

Ric B, Manager at Taurus, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to see you soon.
Manchester
“Lovely lovely Taurus”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Recommended by a friend I absolutely love this place. Staff are great, atmosphere amazing & very good value for money food. For a vegetarian there is a decent choice on the menu & its very relaxed, we'll be back.....

• Visited July 2013
Ric B, Manager at Taurus, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your time at Taurus. I hope that this may continue!