“More than meets the eye”

Le Petit Schlossberg
Ranked #47 of 308 Restaurants in Colmar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were passing through Colmar, and were there only for one nights stay. Strolling into the centre looking for a restaurant, we came across this one. At first sight we were a bit reluctant to enter, as the clientelle sitting outside looked a bit rough(!), and the place looked just a bit like a typical tatty British pub from the outside. However we did enter, and were quite surprised at the interior. It was tastefully and interestingly decorated, with some large woodendrift-wood type pieces on the tables that served as effective table dividers (so many restuarants these days are all open and seem to expect you to want to participate in the conversations with all other tables). There were other fascinating touches.
We ordered Pizza - well it is described as a Pizzeria: what arrived was quite the best pizza we have had. It was really hot (temperature), lovely base, and generous and tasty toppings.
So, we were very pleased that we called in - probably never go that way again, but if we did we would certainly call again.

1  Thank tracerWarwick_

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is the first time we were in Colmar (France) so we went to this restaurant to try some local Alsace specialties as the menu advertised. We were curious to know what those unsual dishes were, and when the waiter came over to take the order, I started asking how one or the other local dish is prepared as they all had local names that we have never heard of before, but no description whatsoever, but the waiter went like: "I'm sorry, I have a full restaurant of people, I can't translate every dish for you"...

I do speak fluent French I have to say (we were speaking in French actually), I didn't ask for translation, but for explanation what they were...I have never been to a restaurant where the waiter doesn't have time to explain a customer what the chef offers as a special! We have been in so many places, including very little villages all over France, but never came across such thing...

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Food is good but not great, service was really nice. But I rated average... When I eat a meal and think I could cook at home better, then the food is average. The sauces of the "Pierrades" were only with mayonnaise and the salads were exactly what I do myself. Eh French people, don't you have a bit more imagination! ;-) List wines is okay.

1  Thank airflore
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant accidentally, but we were satisfied with their food. The spaghetti was delicious (we ordered spaghetti carbonara and spaghetti with seafood) and the portion is quite big for me. The salad and steak was also delicious. But the place is little bit small, not so practical when you carry a baby or a stroller. The service is good, friendly. The toilet is too small and there's only one toilet for women and one for men.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Yes, I'm bringing up "salads" since its a meal in France that doesn't involve bread, cheese, charcuterie for once (which I love) but some greens is always nice. Got the Poissons Fume - large, freshest tomatoes, 4 different types of fish that were all fresh. A nice mix of Alsace wine for a decent price. Great looking building that makes you feel like you're in a small village in Germany. I would return except Colmar has about 100 different restaurants to try also.