Hotel Turenne
US$142
  • Breakfast included
US$71
US$67
Hotel L'Europe Colmar(Horbourg Wihr)
US$119
US$113
US$96
US$91
Comfort Hotel Expo Colmar(Colmar)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$164
US$139
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewslittle veniceold townpetit veniceminute walkan easy walkstreet parkingper daynice hotelparking facilitiesstayed here for nightscroissantsprivate parkingwould stay here againrooms are cleanshort staylovely townbed was comfortable
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great location, very helpful staff (and comfortable in English). Not a luxury hotel but nice room and so close to the action! The room was fine, bathroom small, but I could fit and the price was right. A fine place to deal with jetlag and the beginning of a trip - and their recommendation for dinner was perfect. A great site for getting oriented to the wonderful architecture and experience of Alsace.

They had expressed reluctance to help me send my bag onward in a cab (so I could walk) but turned out to be very helpful when the time came.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want. I had requested a quiet room, arrived early, was given a choice of a room right away or a quieter room later - Went for a walk and was very happy with my room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Recently I spent several days at the Hotel Turenne in Colmar and was extremely pleased with the room. It is a rather medium sized hotel with an elevator and good parking, both of which are not things one may take for granted in Europe. My room was quite nice with a large built in desk, comfortable chairs and a large very comfortable bed. As it was at the end of a hallway it was far removed from any street noise. Staying here you know you are in the Alsace area of France and not in some impersonal large international hotel that could be anywhere. The breakfast was very nice with a good selection. Around the corner from the lobby is a very nice bar area where I and my German friends frequently enjoyed a glass or two of wine and even once or twice a coffee. That was a lovely place to meet to plan our activities. The hotel is very close to the Little Venice area where we took a boat ride that was very interesting as it took us past private gardens that were quite lovely. Also we were close to some very fine restaurants within easy walking distance. The staff seemed trilingual and were very kindly tolerant of my French altho' we often spoke German which is very widely understood in Alsace. If you are travelling by car this is an excellent choice as parking is covered and very close by. Getting around Colmar itself is easy on foot, but for outings into the Vosges etc. it is nice not to have the stress of coming back to your hotel and wondering where you will ever find a parking place.

Room Tip: If you would like an elevator to your floor, check ahead and also rooms away from the street in front of the hotel might be less quiet than those further back.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The location is great, about a 5 minute walk to restaurants and little Venice. When we arrived at our hotel we were expecting mid evil for some reason, totally not. We were met by Stephanie who is amazing at her job and makes sure you have what you need. Stephanie speaks many languages, English, Italian and German and possibly others. The service was exceptional. The Hotel was clean, compact and just what we needed. The breakfast was a typical German breakfast, buns, bread, cheeses, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and well worth it. You will find that food, drink are expensive in Colmar and surrounding areas so the breakfast was well worth the price. Covered, security camera parking is available but if you can, book this in advance. I think the cost is 7 euro per night. We had a rental from Germany and our car was fine. Ladies, don't bother wearing high heels as the streets will chew them up, wear comfortable shoes, runners. You will find a mix of people and style at little Venice, dress for comfort. Back to the hotel, worth booking, beds are comfortable, sheets, blankets are clean, rooms are stylish, hallways are clean, bathroom is renovated, very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tricia H
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here February 2012. My husband traveled to Colmar, France for business and I accompanied him.

We stayed at Hotel Turenne because that is where my husbands company always books.

Our room was VERY small, and involved one of us being on the bed to get around the other to the bathroom, etc

The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean.

The bathroom was small, and had a folding, accordion plastic door that offered little privacy. It was impossible to take a shower without flooding the entire bathroom, we my husband and I took baths for the week.

The best things about this hotel were the location, food, and the bar.

Location:
- I was able to walk through the old parts of Colmar by myself and I spent HOURS doing this

Food:
- Every morning they laid out a selection of breakfast items that were AMAZING. This was by far my favourite thing.

Bar:
- The bar was small and we met lots of great people there. I liked the dark beer the best, I think it was called Brun?

The staff was all very pleasant, however, the cleaning lady was really insistent on cleaning our room. She would knock and walk in at the same time and caught me throughout the week sleeping, changing, and going to the bathroom. Asking her to come back later/skip cleaning the room did not seem to be an option. It might have been a language barrier thing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Location excellent just a few minutes from Little Venice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Roomalthough basic was very clean and modern with comfy bed and pillows. Excellent wifi, lovely breakfast. Very minor niggles was the water in the shower sometimes had the odd cold blast and no toileteries apart from all in one gel thing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple