“Great stay”

La Clairiere
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Great spa in a wonderful location within the Voges mountains. The facilities are very good, the rooms spacious, staff helpful and attentive and the food was inventive. Many places will take your cases when you arrive, here they took our bikes off to a secure store and brought them out when we needed them! A lovely local village enhanced the setting and the locals are very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a better view over the forest.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dilbeek
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were quite disappointed by our stay at La Clairière. The Spa is excellent and their personnel very nice and professional but the stay we booked was definitely too expensive for what we received in return. The food was OK but not impressive at all when we compare it to our first bio hotel experience in Italy (Theiner's Garten). The flowers on the tables were not looking fresh at all. The welcome cocktail (a strawberry drink) was not more than two sips. The hotel advertises all kinds of activities included the "pure relaxation" program but when we arrived there was 1 yoga session planned for Sunday morning at 9 AM and the same program for Monday morning. When we left on Tuesday, the swimmingpool was closed for maintenance works...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VeroV66
laclairiere, Propriétaire at La Clairiere, responded to this review, 15 March 2015
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay and are sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations. We do propose at least one activity a day, either yoga, Qi Gong, nordic walking. We are sorry the swimming was closed on your departure day. However, as we do have two swimming pools, there is always the option to use the other pool.
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Thé perfect place for business as well as relax and détoxiques stay. Wonderfull location and very well equipped hôtel. Young spirit meets traditional alsacian style. I'll come again, with family or friends.

• Stayed April 2013
London
Reviewed 10 April 2013

From the beginning to the end our stay was perfect.
Friendly staff, clean comfortable room, great food and beautiful walks in the forest.
And on top of all of that an amazing spa with a heavenly treatment.
Already booked for next year!

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I am a pharmacist who is passionate about other traditional healthcare systems. In my spare time I study and practice arts like Ayurveda, Yoga, Taichi, Bagua and Chi Kung. Last year I felt drained and fatigued with my hectic lifestyle in the big city and upon a friend's advice decided to pay La Clairiere a visit. Even before arriving at the hotel I was absorbed by the picturesque and breathtaking scenery and flora this hotel was located within. The freshness of the air filled my heart with contentment and calmed my mind. I knew then that I had made the right choice but still could not have expected what was to follow.
Upon arrival I was made to feel welcome and given a brief tour of the place. Later in the day I decided to receive some holistic TCM and Ayurvedic treatments the hotel had to offer. Having studied and received these treatments before in their native lands I actually expected it to be bit of a disappointment, but to my surprise the treatments were traditionally authentic, customized to the individual's needs and provided by highly skilled practitioners. High level of hygiene and cleanliness standards were maintained, which is always not the case in places like China and India. These holistic treatments really sets this hotel apart from other such places that I have visited.
The hotel also provides other large variety of activities and facilities such as hiking, trekking, biking, yoga courses, meditation, and a modern gymnasium to name a few. If you get tired from any of the activities I recommend using the heated outdoor hydrotherapy pool. After swimming in this pool all the fatigue and tiredness in my body seemed to melt away.If the weather is bad there is also an indoor swimming pool. Also try the sauna overlooking the forest of Vosges Du Nord. If you are into sightseeing their are plenty of museums, chateaux and caves in the local area to visit, which the hotel staff are more than happy to guide you to. The forests of Vosges Du Nord are themselves classified as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve site.
Being a vegan and a keen traveller, food is often one part of my holidays that I always seem to struggle with but this was not the case at La Clairiere. This hotel believes in providing personalized care to their customers regarding not only the holistic treatments they take but also the food they eat. There is no rigidity when it comes to customer care. The staff are always willing to listen and eager to help. All the meals were organic, sumptuous and pleasing to the taste buds. I got the feeling that at this hotel everyone from the proprietor to general staff takes great pride in providing their customers with an experience of a lifetime. The rooms are spacious, clean and with free Wifi. Room service is excellent and prompt.
Although a long weekend I spent in this place was not enough to experience all the glory and pleasures of this area, or the facilities and luxuries provided by this hotel but it for sure left my mind clearer, my body healthier, and my senses heightened. I felt ready and equipped to face the stresses of life again but also a little sad to leave this place. I definitely plan to visit this hotel again and hopefully not in too distant a future. I am taking time out to write this review because of the memorable experience La Clairiere provided me with, and would like my family, friends and others who read this review to experience the same. I recommend this place to everyone, as this will be an experience to remember but definitely not one that should be missed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Samar11874
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Only 450 km from Ghent makes this place the perfect spot for a short wellness & health break. I had the 'detox'-package of 4 days. I wanted to make a good start of the spring season, to recover from all winter excesses and to clean my head and body ! Friendly staff, excellent (bio) food (the chef himself came to ask if everything was fine and if I had special wishes), lots of healthy drinks and a very nice environment for cycling or hiking. The treatments were fine and I even had the possibility to change one of the treatments for another one. The rooms are fine but not 'wow'.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife is from this part of France and we have been going to La Clairiere for years. It's definitely worth a visit if you are travelling along the border between France and Germany. We love that this is a family-run hotel where everyone really makes sure you have a good experience. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, but it's the spa and restaurant that make the place special.

Room Tip: The suites are very comfortable. Get a room with good ventilation in the summer.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel K
Hotel K
#1 of 1 in Baerenthal
Hotel Club Vacanciel Dossenheim-sur-Zinsel
Hotel Club Vacanciel Dossenheim-...
#1 of 1 in Dossenheim-sur-Zinsel

Been to La Clairiere? Share your experiences!