“Very good”
Review of Le Gruber

Le Gruber
Reserve with
Le Gruber is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #413 of 1,436 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kiev, Ukraine
“Very good”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Good and fast service close to the place de la Cathedrale, tasty local kitchen. Situated in a historical building with nice stylized decoration. A little bit narrow, though. On the contrary, easy to find a table.

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Center of town and tasty”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This restaurant is just a quick walk down from the Cathedral (in the center of town) and just looks incredibly quaint. Inside, you would never guess that they can hold 450 people in 7 different rooms. The peak season in Strasbourg is December (Christmas markets), so coming now was ideal as the restaurant was busy, but not crazy. I had the best French Onion Soup I've ever had with a rich, silky beef broth with a nice amount of onions and crisp toast/cheese to soak in the broth. For my main, I went with the Flambe with Munster as munster cheese is traditional to this region. It was win with a really nice creamy sauce and not too filling. I ended the meal with a succulent piece of Black Forest Cake. The bottom layer had some cherry liquor that kept it moist and it had a layer of chocoalte mouse in addition to two layers of cream which made it epic!

Visited January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Famous tarte flambee!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

A very convenient place to eat in the city center when you are touring the Cathedral of our Lady of Strasbourg. I liked the traditional decor as a tourist, being my first time in this part of France, but I wonder if a local would find it old fashioned?

OK - here is my review. The Tarte Flambee was amazing! I say amazing because I did not care for most of the food in France & Germany. This meal was very close to what I'm used to eating in the Midwest and for that I was thankful. My young daughter and I shared the flambee (a pizza-like dish where the cheese is actually cream and baked on the round dough....no sauce), but liked little else. No reflection of the restaurant, or region, I'm just a fussy American. My hubby, on the other hand, enjoyed his entire dinner and a local beer.

The waitstaff did their best to communicate with me in English, the toilets were clean and the price was reasonable. I found it to be a picture-perfect stop in this charming town!

• Visited July 2013
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
“Rather poor service for such a renowned restaurant”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

They never book tables around Christmas. Went there on December 22nd, they gave us a table that was not yet cleaned. We waited for 15 minutes and one of us had to go and ask a waiter to come and clean. The 1st waiter totally refused to help us by saying "this is not my business, you must go yourself and talk to the person charged with your table". We then found the good waiter. It took him another 15 minutes to clean the table and bring us the menus. After 15 more minutes, we noticed people around us were also unhappy - they said they have been waiting for their food for over an hour. We immediately left.

• Visited December 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Good large restaurant”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We went here twice during our stay in Strasbourg. The pizzas are really good, freshly prepared and a very good price for Strasbourg, as we found most of the restaurants very expensive. The pizzas were around 12 to 13 euros and they were nice and crispy with loads of topping. Friendly staff, would recommend as it was busy in Strasbourg with the Christmas markets but as it is a large restaurant they managed to find us a table.

• Visited December 2013