Novotel Strasbourg Centre Halles
US$216
US$194
Hotels.com
1,055 results
All reviewscar parka large shopping centretram stopdirect accessold townfree wifinice hotelthe main train stationwalking distancegood sizeroom was spaciousperfect locationpublic parkingmain attractionshotel is situatedbusiness tripthe air conditioning
Reviewed 1 May 2013

After giving this property great thought ( I wanted to give this hotel a rating of 1 the first few hours here), I've concluded that the rating for this property depends on what a person is looking for. Not entirely bad, not entirely good, but depending on what's important to you, it could be either. So, I'll just give the details as presented to me.

Initially we had a hard time finding the hotel. GPS brought us right to the hotel, but signage was horrible. Look for the IBIS Hotel sign! In a recess behind the Ibis sign was Novotel, and as you drove by you wouldn't look back for it. The parking garage was where the GPS brought us, and only for my wife's keen eye the second drive by did she see a small sign inside the entry of the garage with Novotel Hotel on it. Very frustrating. So we get to our room, the people at reception were wonderful, and we were tired from a late afternoon drive from Luxembourg. Always looking for electrical outlets first (me a cpap machine, my wife a coffee maker and hair care items) we noticed not a single bathroom outlet and only two outlets in the entire room. The lights are hardwired, no outlets for them, sconces elsewhere, just two available outlets in the entire place. There is a small refrigerator and a safe. The bathroom is separate from the shower and wash basin area(nice). Very little counter space. The room was very small and was rated for three people as our older son was traveling along with us. We had a pull out couch. I can't remember any hotel room that I've stayed at before being any smaller, including European Hotels which are notorious for limited space.

OK, those are the negatives. So the parking, once found, is very convenient and there is an elevator direct to all floors. There are airport style carts available near the elevators on the parking level. The parking is pay as you go with a ticket as you enter and it is not the hotel's ramp. Parking charges were acceptable.

We did not use the hotel's cafe, or have breakfast included. My son used the fitness center and seemed satisfied, but said the equipment was very basic.

A major bonus to this property is the location, just across the river from the city center, and part of a large mall. Aside from the typical mall shopping there is a nice supermarket with everything you might find in a full service grocery store. A 10 minute walk will take you to the Notre Dame Cathedral, another two, or three to the far side of the city center and the boat tour location. Petite France is also very close. All three are highly recommended.

Great restaurants and cafes abound within this small area.

So in review, not checking out 'til tomorrow morning, and while everything is still fresh, I would return knowing what this place has available (bring an electrical strip and extension cord as you'll need it), but I can't recommend this place not knowing what others would find acceptable, or not. 2.5 stars is the best I can do, the rooms are a bit tired, but that might not matter as it wasn't a big deal to me. If you're easily pleased, go for it, if not steer clear.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AWisconsintravler
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had a great stay here. The hotel is very central, and it is easy to walk everywhere in the main part of the city from it. It is next to a shopping mall. The parking garage serves the mall too but the area nearest to the hotel access is well marked once inside. The car park itself was quite dingy and stank. It cost 9 euros (we arrived at around 6pm and left at about 13.00 the following afternoon). But the hotel was very nice, good, clean normal Novotel room. Breakfast was good, although the staff couldn't quite cope with replenishing supplies at times. Overall a positive experience in a wonderful city

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank The England Family
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The hotel was really ok! Staff is fast and friendly. We had a good sleep and the food there was good too! I think that without a doubt I would go there again if I will be in that city once more. :) I didn't like weird french men that tried to flirt with me in a really disgusting way, but that is not the hotels faulth... Ladies, beware of the french guys... They cross the line... Just ignore them because you can't do anything better! ;)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank amarie1986
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here and found the room nice and comfortable.The room was nice and big and the hotel is very easy to find by car. It's close enough to walk to the very centre in 5 or 10 minutes. Got a good offer as we were travelling in low season and it turned out to be excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeebly
Reviewed 9 April 2013

It's easy to walk anywhere in city center. Finding the parking garage can be a challenge! Breakfast buffett included hot items and a good espresso/capuccino machine. The rooms include a sofa bed. Decor is ok.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family