Clean, decently comfortable and ... conveniently located. That's about all this BW can score.
Realized a little late that we did not get the type of room we actually booked and paid. Of course the staff did not admit to it when asked about it but oh well, win some lose some.
The elevator is tiny, have to hold your breath to fit in with your suitcase.
The room seemed recently renovated in that strange, inexplicable hotel fashion that always leaves one wondering what kind of logic goes into decorating and renovating decisions. Some huge ugly painting on one wall right in front of the bed, highlighted by not one but two arched spot lights, while a smallish TV hovered in a corner generating neck pains.
Breakfast was ok.
Valet parking was available, we were told it was the same price whether we park it or the valet. Better him than me, I say.
All in all, a comfortable enough stay, nothing spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Monopole Metropole, close to the TGV train station and the old town La Petite France, is one of the most historical of Strasbourg. Discover the charms of the lounges with antiques and paintings of famous Alsatian artists and visit the collections featured in the "little museum" at the lobby. The rooms, traditionally furbished or contemporary styled are all non smoking and air conditioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Monopole Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Monopole Metropole Hotel Strasbourg
- Best Western Hotel Strasbourg
- Best Western Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Best Western