“Great way to visit a winery if you don't have a car!”
Review of Regioscope Tours

Regioscope Tours
Ranked #13 of 29 Tours in Strasbourg
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I did the afternoon tour of the castle and winery/town. I had a great time. The driving/tour guide/wine afficionado was friendly and chatty and answered all of my (probably excessive) questions!

There were three of us on the tour (I was the only one to add on in the afternoon) and I had a great time with the other two tourists...lucky for me they were very friendly and accommodating and instead of feeling like I was on my own tour, I felt like I was in a group of friends.

We had a great time and luckily missed a lot of the rain! I would have loved to do another day, but alas, the early morning wake up call for this tour and I didn't get along!

If you want to see the wine road and you are without a car and/or want to hear about the history of the area from someone who is very knowledgeabe about wine/the area/etc, then this is a great tour. I liked that we were asked what we wanted to do and the tour was somewhat 'tweaked' to make sure we were all happy!

It's a bit pricey, but well worth it for the high quality.

2  Thank ChicagoK2
There are newer reviews for Regioscope Tours

Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

We booked an entire day private tour with this company. Our guide and driver Deepak (sp?) was truly great. He wanted to know what we wanted to do and see for the day. He was very helpful and knowledgable about the entire Alsace region, especially the wine. He listened to our needs and desires and delivered on a perfect excursion. Not sure how the groups tours are as we bought the entire day and 6 person van to ourselves. I would highly recommend a private tour with Deepak. Thanks again.

1  Thank cuzi
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We took the full day tour 2 from Strasbourg.

What do I mean by the title? The "tour guide", Deepak, was not a guide at all, but a chauffeur. He drove us from place to place and chatted about the area while we were in the minibus. However, at each stop, we were totally on our own. He would drop us off and tell us to look around and when we should meet him for pickup. By the third stop, my DH asked if Deepak could accompany us and give us some history and he flat out refused. So I would not really call this a tour.

On the other hand, the sites that we visited were all great. The Haut Koenigsburg castle is amazing, the towns were so cute you thought you were in Disneyland and the wine tasting was fun with quite generous servings. We could have rented a car and driven, but that would have been stressful and we couldn't have done the tasting.

All told, it was a great day - just not a "tour".

5  Thank wildlife_lover
Reviewed 30 April 2012

You MUST take a tour with Deepak if you are in Strasbourg! What an absolute delight he was. Deepak was extremely knowledgeable about the region and its history. We really enjoyed getting out of the “touristy” areas and exploring small off-the-map towns and historic sites that were off our radar. The wine tasting was great as well. Our only regret was that we couldn’t take him with us for the rest of our trip. This tour is worth every penny! :)

5  Thank Live2Travel222
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We went on the wine route tour and although the rain did not stop all day we had a good time thanks to Depak the guide.
Next day we got him to take us to Baden-Baden and on to the black forest, again we were struck with bad weather, snow and ice slowed our progress but again we had a good day and got to see another side to Germany.

3  Thank WreckerBob