This hotel is a little out of the way, but it was my favorite of the Hiltons I stayed at during a recent vacation to Europe (others were Florence Metropole, London Metropole, and Lyon). It offers great weekend rates when the EU stuff isn't in session, even during tourist season. We used Strasbourg as a home base for visits to Colmar and through Alsace.
Check-in was easy and quick, and the concierge walked us to our room. Our room was a park view on the 7th floor. The executive room came with chocolates, Evian and a couple of Time magazines. The room was well-decorated and looked modern. There were fireworks in the park the night we arrived (Saturday) and we had a great view.
We arrived during a weekend when the business center was closed and I had to scan a couple of documents for work. I asked at the front desk whether they could recommend a copy center near the hotel (the next day was Sunday, and lots of things in France are closed), and the friendly staff at the desk offered to scan them for me. It was done in a matter of seconds.
The lounge has rich wood paneling and is stocked with various magazines and newspapers. The weekend hours were good, the staff was attentive and the beverage and canape offerings were extensive. There were no computers available, but there is a section in the back with outlets to get work done. The lounge is on the ground floor and is pretty quiet; the bar across from the lounge was pretty lively. We arrived the night of one of the Euro semifinals and there were a bunch of people watching the game.
Overall great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the city centre, in the European institutions district and opposite the Congress Centre, the Hotel Hilton Strasbourg is well positioned for access to the city's extensive tram network. All rooms offer large windows with views over the Cathedral or the European Parliament building. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi. For your business travels, choose an Executive room and enjoy Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, drinks and snacks are served. Indulge with a seasonal and full of freshness cuisine at the restaurant of the hotel, H! Brasserie. Or enjoy a snack and cocktail created by the award-winning bar team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Strasbourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Strasbourg Hotel Strasbourg
- Hilton International Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Hilton International