Residence Jean-Sebastien Bach
  • Restaurant
US$129
US$114
Mercure
Couvent des Franciscains(Strasbourg)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$194
US$118
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe breakfast arearesidential areacity centreseparate wceuropean parliamentlong stayrooms are spaciouspublic transportpleasant staygood sizehotel is locatedtwo nightscouncilorangerybalconykitchenetteparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was the first time in many years that I found a shower head without an "economiser". Just like in the old days when every chain hotel would have those generous Speakman shower heads. But there was a flipside in this bathroom no towel rack and nothing to hold on to in the bath/shower.
This hotel is located in a residential area, so very calm and no traffic, located right next to a beatifull 50+ acre park (l'orangerie) well worth visiting, if it were only to see the dozens of black tail storks nested on chimneys and special poles. The hotel itself, probably more a 3 star, No way to drive up to the entrance, and the garage boxes don't give access to the hotel elevator. The room a little stuffy, no armchair, no wifi but cabled internet. Large terrace where we had a reasonable breakfast, brought to the room without surcharge. Roomservice 24 hours, but everything frozen. Breakfast staff very friendly.Nevertheless would probably stay there again when travelling to Strasbourg.

Room Tip: rooms 106 and 107 just on top of entrance have a weak wifi signal from the hotel lobby
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at the Jean Sebastien Bach during March and it was my first time in the area. I had meeting at the Council Of Europe building and this was the closest I could find. I arrived late at night and was a little concerned as the hotel did not look inviting. How wrong I was, once inside the staff were warm and helpful and I was checked in within minutes. The rooms are large and the one I was in had a kitchen are plus an area to work. It sit on one side of the Orangie Park with the EU Intuitions located on the other side of the park so my walk to and from my meets was delightful.
The breakfast was well laid out with a good selection to suit all tastes, there is room service but no restaurant in the evening.
That said there is an excellent little restaurant next door to the hotel that is friendly and excellent value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel. It was very nice and spacious. We had a big bed in a separated room for us and a sofa bed for the kids in the main room that included a kitchen. Breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. I would change or eliminate carpets in any hotel..that is the only thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank quieroaguadecoco
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We decided to go for a far from home different type of Christmas holiday this year.
The hotel is located in a quiet area, the rooms are spacious and equiped, decent breakfast. The price was very reasonnable.
The disadvantage was the 600 m walk to the tram station. Trams stopped at 19 hrs on Christmas eve, so we had to drive to the city center, therefore one of us adults couldn't enjoy wine with the food. The staff was not that helpful when we enquiered about various issues. What disappointed me most is that I had booked with our travel agent a package deal: two rooms for two nights, pluss a meal to be consumed during one evening, either 23 or 24 Dec. I called the hotel to book for the 24, they assured me it was done. When we got there, they said it is not possible, as the restaurant they cooperate with had different rates for Christmas Eve, and we had to eat the meal included in the package on the 23. When we asked for help to book a venue for the 24, all the hotel could provide was a list of restaurants open on the 24, with no indication to what kind of food they served, a la carte or menu, prices...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

What I like most about this hotel is the location near to the European institutions and near to the parc and also service they provide to guests. Quick room service, good diner... Another positive thing of staying in the hotel is that apartmants and rooms are very spacious, with big terrace. In room I had absolut privacy and did not hear a sound from other rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business