“We came, we saw, we left.”
Review of Hotel Arc-En-Ciel

Hotel Arc-En-Ciel
Ranked #119 of 130 Hotels in Strasbourg
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in a number of budget hotels over the years and have found some gems at a bargain price. This was not one of them. The only advice I can give is to not give this place the benefit of the doubt.

I was appalled by this property immediately. It is located in an area of Strasbourg that does not appear to be safe... a judgement somewhat justified by the appearance of heavy security gates that are locked at 7pm. This multi-level building has no lifts and shabby-looking communal areas, with an unpleasant smell. The room was dirty and badly maintained. I refused to stay. The only bonus was the free Wifi.... which was used to book another hotel for the evening!

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel just for one night, 4 adults in a room for 4 people. The room was quite small but it was ok for us. The hotel was clean, about 25 minutes walking distance from city center, perfect parking. Staff was polite.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This is a very straightforward budget hotel; clean, comfortable, no frills, basic amenities. Not central but not a long way out either. Plenty of parking, free wifi, flat screen TV, nice big bath. The colour scheme grates at first, but once you ease yourself into the 60's groove then the pink and bright blue make perfect sense. Come on folks, what do you expect for this money?

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The location is good, we walked to the city (30 minutes) but one can instead use public transports easily (bus no. 4, bus stop nearby at the rue de romains).
We had rooms in the 3rd floor (no elevator), which were small but clean and provided everything one needs for a sleeping stay. The bathroom was small as well (bath tub) but okay, it was clean when we arrived, but the maid didn't really clean it during our stay. The breakfast could be improved, there was not too much choice, but one even gets fresh orange juice.
It's a good budget accommodation, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Traveling alone, I wanted a great price, a little out of town, but good access to city center, just a short walk to Rue de Romains and bus # 4 goes right to city center, for only 3.70 Euros I purchased unlimited bus/tram for 3 days.

hotel arc-en-ciel was SO perfect for me! My bed was extremely comfortable Rm 19 :) I loved the aromas wafting up from the courtyard below in the mornings. I also enjoyed the Church bells from down the street that chimes even at night, but I always could listen to see what time it was. For 8 Euros The breakfast spread was wonderful! Many cheeses, meat slices, about 5-6 different types of breads, some sweet some baguettes and other amazing French pastries! nice big soaking tub...shower too! Maid service everyday -> changed sheets and put out new towels and soaps, I admit this is not a luxury hotel, but I loved the staff, the home-flavor of the experience far outweighed any slight inconvenience.. Stairs were good for my exercise! The beautiful cemetery a few blocks away was also great to visit.. to say nothing of Strasburg City Centre!! I hope to return here next year! <3<3<3 Great experience!.

Room Tip: I chose a double room for size.. spread stuff out! Rooms to the courtyard are probably a little noi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rndthew0rld
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Booked this hotel as we needed secure parking for our motorbike. Good set up as car park can only be accessed by pin code after 9pm which we needed to do as too far to walk into the city centre. I'm not a picky person but the hotel is looking tired in public areas and our room was dirty. It had not been hovered properly and you could run your finger through the dust round the edge of the carpet. In the bathroom behind the door there was enough long black hair on the floor to make a small wig. Staff weren't over friendly or helpful either.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Our family(4 of us) were in that hotel one night. The hotel is quiet and peacefull, but rooms are very small with bunk-beds( they are also very small for bigger child.)Breakfast was o.k and the recepcionist was very kind.

Room Tip: If you travel with kids ask for bigger room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family