I found review of Navytowntravlr most precise and should have listened to her opinion.
* Friendly and English speaking receptionist
* Clean. This was a nice surprise. And the cleaning person came every day.
* The advertised free WiFi was almost non-existent. It seemed to work for 10 seconds every 5 or so minutes (I'm not kidding) and the speed was around 128Kb/s (well below modern standard). I stayed there for 4 nights and had to do work related staff. Thank god I had internet access elsewhere, because this was not useable. This especially annoyed me and made opinion negative, because the hotel advertised free WiFi. If I would know that it won't work, I would have opted for another one.
* Location totally inapropriate if you are on foot. You can get to the center by bus 4 (stop Rue Charmille), however the rides takes from 5 to 20 minutes in rush hour. If you have to get to some other location outside center, the time wasted is considerable, taking into account that the hotel is only 1,8km from the city center. To walk it takes about 30minutes of brisk action.
* I'm not sure how the other rooms are, but I was put on ground floor in a room that seemed to have been a garage before. Depressing, because the only light that comes in is from the about 1,5m wide door. However I had the curtains closed mostly for privacy reasons - didn't want other guests to see what I'm doing in the room.
* Cable TV had only 5 channels, only 1 English. To add to my negative attitudes, on the last day the cable TV had severe disturbance - the "white" snow all over the picture.
Basically, do stay here if money is a real issue. I see no other reason.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Arc-En-Ciel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arc En Ciel