“Good for a beer and a coffe”

Les Deux Gourmandes
Ranked #316 of 1,578 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

Located near the center of old Strasbourg, this place I can recommended just for a coffe and / or a beer. For eat there are much better places quality price ratio.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Arrived late in Strasbourg, hungry, and found this small corner restaurant still open, offering small plates. Ordered the onion tart and received a basket of fresh bread, and a huge slice of thick Alsace style onion pie accompanied by a mountain of salad. All of this for less than 10 euros! Along with a half litre of the house pinot noir, it was a lovely introduction to this beautiful city. The service was friendly and efficient, atmosphere casual and homey. Given the proximity to our digs, I expect this resto to be a regular for us. (Note closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays).

Reviewed 1 January 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this quaint restaurant our first night in Strasbourg and enjoyed it so much we went back! The Alsatian food was hearty and delicious. On our first visit we shared the beef stew (only served in the winter). I also enjoyed the escargot. Our dessert was a sorbet with pear liquor (Poire Williams).

On our second visit my husband had sausages and sauerkraut and I had the potatoes with cream.

The meals are prepared to perfection and the servers are delightful and friendly. The cozy atmosphere led to our chatting with people nearby.

A very enjoyable experience!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had the plat du jour : whelks + salad / chicken and mushrooms ( girolles ) ; my wife had fish / eclair 9 euros 50 each : excellent value
It was a dull outside but the restaurant gave a cosy atmosphere where you felt at home

1  Thank william m
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We visited this bar-restaurant in Jan 2013. It looked very nice on the outside. Staff was not very friendly. Tables were covered with plastic (!) covers, that weren't very clean. Generally, cleanness didn't seem to be its strongest card. I wouldn't recommend it...