“a budget hotel”

Ranked #124 of 127 Hotels in Strasbourg
Hawaii
“a budget hotel”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We weren't looking for luxury for a short stay in this lovely city, so we chose Hotel de Bruxelles. You cannot beat the convenience to the train station and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The staff was very helpful and cordial. To be honest, it's old and the entire hotel could use a renovation, but we had a early train to catch so it was just fine for us. For the budget price, we had our own shower and bathroom so it's a step up from a hostel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

• Polish first
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2008

I've stayed in Hotel de Bruxelles twice and am sending my daughter there next month. It is convenient to the train station and to the sights in Petite France. Also near restaurants and pharmacy.

We loved the cheery dining area and the staff was very congenial and helpful. If you're on a tight budget you can save even more by booking a room with access to shower down the hall.

I was in Strasbourg doing research for a novel based on my ancestors in France. I didn't find my ancestors, but I included the hotel as one of the settings in my novel

The only downside I could see to this hotel was that the rooms seem a bit dark due to the decor.

• Liked — Close to La Petite France hisotrical district
  • Disliked — Dark furnisihings
  • Stayed July 2003, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 26 November 2006

I have now stayed at this old style hotel three times, and for those who want a low price (45 euros) and authenticity, this is the place. The rooms have the feel of the 19th century, and are totally comfortable. I try to stay in room #8, but # 6 is also good. Not all the rooms have shower and toilet (these do - and they are fine), so it helps to call ahead - the place is very popular with French and German families.

It is only a 5 minute walk from the gare, down a small street one over from the main rue Kuss, so it is quiet. From here you can easily walk to all the sites in Strasbourg (10 minutes to La Petite France, 15 minutes to the Cathedral).

Keep in mind this is a genuine, old hotel, with creaking staircases and antique, original furnishings. For a low-price new hotel, the Etap right up the street is excellent. It is radically different, but I stay there when the Bruxelles is full (see reviews).

• Liked — Genuine, 19 century rooms.
  • Disliked — Only a few rooms have bath.
  • Tips/Secrets — Room #8 is fantastic, room # 6 also good.
  • Stayed July 2005