“Don't eat here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Tire-bouchon

Le Tire-bouchon
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Tire-bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,426 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: French, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mairie Sud
Description: A deux pas de la cathedrale de Strasbourg, et de son marche de Noel, le restaurant le Tire-Bouchon maitre restaurateur depuis 2011 est une winstub ou l'on retrouve l'authenticite d'autrefois. Dans un cadre chaleureux et soigne , qui fait la part belle aux poutres apparentes, aux tables delicieusement nappees et aux lumieres tamisees, venez vous rechauffer autour de succulentes specialites alsaciennes accompagnees de nos vins soigneusement selectionnes. Pensez a reserver l'un de nos salons privatifs pour vos evenements familiaux jusqu'a 30 personnes. Cuisine Chaude tous les soirs jusqu'a MINUIT !!
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Don't eat here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Awful food and service to match. We waited absolutely ages for our starter. I had requested crudités without dressing. It came swimming in dressing and I was told it was impossible to provide one without dressing as everything was prepared in advance. It was horrendous.
We waited about an hour for our main course-my husband's jambonneau was thoroughly overcooked and dried out and burnt black on the top. The waiter could be heard swearing under his breath throughout the meal and was inattentive. I would avoid this place at all costs as it was a horrible dining experience from beginning to end..

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank ABarrett_12

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A French culinary rhapsody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a long time trying to locate this place;having read about on the net. It was everything that was said & more. Chose a fixed lunch menu. My entree of Foie gras was delectable & the bone marrow that my wife ordered was equally nice. My main course was the chef's selection of meat, which was nice, but too big a portion. My wife's local fish with wine sauce was nicer. The desserts of chocolate mousse with fresh cream, as well as Creme Burlee was lip smacking. The restaurant earned it's richly deserved praise. Highly recommended. Bon Appetite.

Vecses, Hungary
“Friendly place with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've been to La Tire-bouchon few days ago with my colleagues. It is a very friendly place with excellent food and wines. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they speak English also (not like in most of the restaurants).

• Visited April 2014
“Horrible experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

From the moment we walked in I should have known to have walked out. Despite the fact that they had a booking for us, they knew nothing about us. We were shown to a table and handed a menu in French. My French is not what it used to be :). We were then offered a menu in English. My starter arrived and was not what I had ordered. My friend ordered snails which were the worst they had ever tasted and the bread (which we had to ask for) was stale! I ordered the beef stew with seasonal vegetables for my main course. Unfortunately, this turned out to be beef with salad! It seemed that all the French patrons around us were attended to perfectly well, but the English patrons, us, were just about tolerated! To be avoided!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank DarrenE2
Shanghai
“Typical Alsacian food in a lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Great local food in large portions, so make sure you're hungry! We shared a delicious salad starter of Gruyere cheese with local sausage, followed by Pave au Salmon and Baeckeoffe (3 meat stew), unfortunately we had no room for desert. The restaurant is much larger than appears from the outside, although the tables are well packed in, which makes for good table to table chats! It is within a pedestrian area and as it's a busy restaurant, booking is necessary.

Visited February 2014