“Not my type of food...”
Review of L'Epicerie

L'Epicerie
Ranked #34 of 1,491 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Price range: US$8 - US$44
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Petite France Nord Est
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were here for my friend's birthday celebration. It wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. Maybe because I'm Asian and unappreciative of the food. To me, it was like just bread with toppings. I like the beer we ordered though.

On hindsight, I might give it a miss if I could choose again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We found L'Epicerie by accident. We were looking for a cozy place near our hotel and bumped into this small, quaint restaurant. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Our total bill was around 50 Euros and the bill included alcohol. L'Epicerie reminds me of a college hangout with the decor and clientele to match. It's worth the time and effort to go there.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Nice place in a quiet street, right in the heart of Strasbourg. Original concept. Nicely decorated. Friendly service.
The food is perfect for a simple, hearty lunch. Great place!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The idea is very simple: bread with a selection of toppings. The results, however, are not simple at all. It is clear someone took time to design the menu. We would strongly recommend the cheese with "plugs", the Brie and the roast beef. Apart from that, the atmosphere is nice, it is a nice place to seat in and enjoy an hour with good food.

1  Thank GalW
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

A beautiful evening with excellent service, food and drink. By 8.30pm the place was full inside and outside. Nothing is to much trouble for the staff, who spoke perfect English.
We agree with other comments about the salad. The cold or hot sandwiches are excellent.
We highly recommend this restaurant or is it a café?