“Great value Flammekueches”

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mairie Sud
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I came across this place with some colleagues when everything else in Strasbourg seemed to be closed on Sunday evening. This is an unpretentious place with a slightly fast food feel to it. Not surprising as it's a small chain in France. However the food and service was great and taking one of the all you can eat set menu options. The menu was very reasonably priced and no complaints about the quality of the food which I thought was great. Two nights later 12 colleagues came down here and we were all easily accommodated in the basement room. Everyone agree it was a great place and enjoyed the food very much. Maybe better tartes flambées were available elsewhere in the city but I enjoyed eating here.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My boyfriend and I came here for tarte flambées, the traditional style for him and the New York-style for me (with ground beef and lettuce). The food was delicious, and we liked that they served it to us in two parts (two consecutive tarte flambées, each half-and-half) so that we were always eating them while hot. The atmosphere was very crowded but lively. It was great for us to find a more casual tarte flambée restaurant that caters more to the budgets of young 20-somethings, as opposed to the other more expensive tourist restaurants near the cathedral. We can't wait to go back there and sample the other tarte flambée varieties!

2  Thank dreamofdata
Reviewed 22 January 2014

At Le Flam's you will see a lot of tourists but also quite a few locals,
I went there to eat the 'local' specialty Flamkuchen, which was very tasty.

It is a big restaurant, with (too) many tables and chairs, which leaves not a lot of room to get in and out of your seat easily without bumping into someone else.

I got there around lunch time, it took a while before someone took my order,
but thereafter the food was served quickly.

Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

As a student we came often here to enjoy the special menu 'all you can eat'
The Tartes Flambées have always a similar taste ...
A special type of diner to enjoy once ...

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This fast-food like restaurant (with restaurants available even in Paris) is not a good choice when you are in Alsace region where you can find much better and traditional Tartes Flambées in smaller towns.
The food is rather fat and the large choice of Tartes Flambées is useless (I prefer going to a good french restaurant to eat Tartiflette or other french meals rather than having them on a Tarte Flambée).
The atmosphere is quite bad, impersonal (looking a bit like fast food restaurants).