“Excellent, good value hotel in central Bordeaux”

Adagio Bordeaux Gambetta
Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Bordeaux
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent, good value hotel in central Bordeaux”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our first visit to Bordeaux and we met up with friends from Dublin who have stayed here before. My experience of aparthotels is that they are fairly functional so I was pleasantly surprised by how stylish these studios were: plenty of room for me, my husband and 22 year-old daughter; cleverly designed storage and bathroom, and excellent air conditioning and sound insulation.

The staff were extremely helpful and spoke excellent English. Bordeaux is a great city and I can't wait to return. I'll certainly book this hotel again when I do.

Room Tip: Our friends had a room with a balcony overlooking a courtyard - I'd ask for this next time.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Isobel R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
tel aviv
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Although we were only 2 we reserved a studio for 3 persons.
Very comfortable and very spacey. Modern and clean.
Equipped kitchen including dishwasher and fridg
The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom is.
Location is perfect. Restaurants and bars are nearby.
A huge and professional fitness center 2 minutes from the hotel.
Helpful staff

2 Thank rachelyTelAviv
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is excellent value for money. We had a one bed suite with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. So it was nice and quiet although location is very convenient, close to the old town.

The suite was spacious but wardrobe space was a bit challenging. The sofa was my wardrobe during our entire stay. The kitchenette was really only suitable for reheating microwavable food, and nothing else. On the other hand, the bathroom has a decent bath and a separate walk shower.

Room Tip: Have one overlooking the courtyard. Otherwise it will be less quiet.
2 Thank gizmopuppet
london
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a good experience when we stayed in this hotel. The location is decent - Gambetta is a 15 min bus ride from the main train station. The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the pleasant river promenade and close to lots of cafes, restaurants and even a a local Carrefour. The room we got was swish - light and airy, wall to wall windows overlooking the little square, modern furniture. It felt pretty secure. And the best thing is, as a self contained apartment it had all amenities like a fridge, cutlery and a microwave.

Overall, if you are staying in Bordeaux this hotel is a pretty good option.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mmm__paella
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The Adagio apartments in Bordeaux, I could live here. These apartments are the best I have stayed in anywhere. (No I don't work for them). They are spacious, airy, very well appointed, modern, clean, quiet and the bed was very good. Located 5 minutes from a huge supermarket it is great to be able to use the kitchen to avoid over priced tourist menus.
Added features that impressed me, a small dishwasher in the kitchen and plenty of tablets, a foldaway drying rack in the bathroom, a bath and a shower, a balcony overlooking a wide inner court yard and fast internet.
There is an easy stroll to the main thoroughfares and all that Bordeaux offers. I was sorry to leave because I knew my next hotel/apartment wouldn't be as good.

Room Tip: Our wonderful apartment was on the 6th. It was lovely.
2 Thank RichardSun
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. Hotel was clean and quiet, although carpets on third floor in the lobby and corridors could be replaced. Room was large, with good wi-fi connection (I managed to stream a movie). Location is great for the old town and has very secure parking under the hotel. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked on line and on arrival were upgraded to a lovely large room (for 3 people). Huge windows, good sized bathroom, small kitchen area with new crockery, cutlery, saucepan, frying pan (kettle tucked away in a cupboard). Clean, nicely and freshly decorated, overlooking the square. Quiet.

Room Tip: We were overlooking the Square on the second floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple