“Great value/quality restaurant!”
Review of Restaurant Le M

Restaurant Le M
Reserve with
Restaurant Le M is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 2,391 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Price range: US$13 - US$47
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
spain
“Great value/quality restaurant!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice menu, great food, nice room with an open kitchen, friendly service! The only backdraw: a bit dificult to find, in a little street! Apart from that, great experience!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank franz101

• Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
“Dine with locals & savour fab French cuisine!”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Considering the last review of this superb local restaurant was in 2011...I'd like to assure the rest of you planning a trip to Bordeaux that M de Monbadon is a definite culinary must if you appreciate local restaurants with great food. The restaurant was teeming with locals - always a good sign in my books :D The service was exceptional - we do not speak French and our waitress sat with us translating an entire menu! Service was attentive, friendly, warm and food was scrumptious!

We enjoyed a 3-course meal for just 25euros! Its great value for money considering the quality of the food. The accompanying wine was mouth-watering too! A wonderful evening & dining experience was had and we owe this to M de Monbadon :D

I would suggest you make a reservation - we did, and were pleased we had as it is popular with locals!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Scuesa
Paris, France
“Excellent, little-known Bordeaux restaurant”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I've been living in Bordeaux for 3 years and had zero awareness of this place.

My guests from London wanted something step up from a 'bistro', more like a restaurant.

This a restaurant, with the dinner menu at 34 euros.

They found it in a regional guide, I said why not?

Warm welcome on the phone and at the door, decor surprisingly eclectic and yet cozy.

The whole intimate ambiance is completely hidden from the street (good place for couples).

I was lucky to have ordered the best, foie gras starter (superb) and duck 'burger' (not really a burger) with hand cut large fries and cèpes mushrooms. My main was the highlight of the table: excellent.

My friends had the seafood risotto (which I finished, a little too much cheese but delicious) and cerf (deer); good but not my thing.

Desserts looked good, but I only had a bite of mine since I was already stuffed.

My food was the best, but the rest was very strong, and it was a very comfortable place to talk with friends.

The waitress was attentive, discreet. Perfect. And she had a sense of humor.

I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because the food was very good but not amazing (no point getting your expectations too high) and sometimes going to a less expensive restaurant can be a lot more satisfying.

But I would return here and will recommend this place. They really try their best to make you feel good, and that's rare in Bordeaux if you're not a regular in a restaurant.

Recommended.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank IvanCDG
Bogota, Colombia
“A "must go" in bordeaux”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Food is creative and service is really good. We really enjoyed the "filets de rougets du bassin". I highly recommend!

“Good option!”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

As the TA reviews said before: their staff were the kindest! Food was good, the restaurant is really charming!!

1 Thank Natacha L