“visit to Bordeaux in Sept. 2013”

Rendez-vous au Chateau
Ranked #9 of 71 Food & Drink in Bordeaux
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy your time in Bordeaux with an ex winemaker (20 years of winemaking) who will introduce you to some nice chateaux, good winemakers, sites,,.. off the beaten tracks. Please ask him to see the different faces of Bordeaux area combining pleasant moments and "real" meetings, famous chateaux visits and friendly moments with the winemakers..He will try to meet your expectations !
Vancouver, Canada
“visit to Bordeaux in Sept. 2013”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Frederic was great! This was the 2nd time we hired him. He is knowledgeable, well connected and has a very pleasant personality. He got us into a few places that we could not get into ourselves and provided a lot of color commentary. I would not hesitate to hire him again.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Amazing Wine Tour with Frederic Borliachon”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We arrived in the Port of Rochelle by cruise ship and were promptly greeted outside the terminal by Frederic with his mini-van. We had booked the wine tour for two days with an overnight in Bordeaux. Frederic was kind, obliging, professional and a vault of wine knowledge that was very impressive. His knowledge of wines, the grapes, the soils and climates as well as the wine making process was unbelievable. My partner, Luc who speaks fluent French and Frederic got along amazingly and I who speak very little French, Frederic made sure to keep me well informed about everything he had said to Luc by translating what he had told Luc in French to English. If I had requested he would have spoken English for our entire two days with him. What we loved about the wine and sightseeing tour was that it was conducted at our own pace. We arrived at small Chateaus with still very impressive wine operations and were given private tours by either the manager of the winery or even the owner in one case. We got to sample many wines at each winery and never did we feel that we needed to make a purchase though we did on several of our stops. During the course of our travels Frederic took us to lovely and quaint restaurants for lunch (not included in the total price for the two day tour) and we invited him to join us and took care of his lunch. Our night we spent in a hotel in Bordeaux and as promptly as was the first day of meeting us, so was he on our second day. And again another amazing tour of wineries that day. We cannot say enough about how great Fredric was and highly recommend him for touring. It was worth the money spent. If we are lucky to get back to Bordeaux to see other regions of it in the near future I guarantee that Fredric will be getting a call from us for another tour.

1 Thank Patrick007008
Bonita Springs, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The Medoc and learned a lot”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Frederic was a great guide and very knowledgable. We also had an English tour guide who joined my wife and I. We visited 3 vineyards, and saw the methods of wine production and the different techniques used by the different vineyards. We tasted some very high quality wines that would not be on my everyday drinking wine list. This definitely increased my wine knowledge.
He also took us to a great place for lunch.

san francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very helpful assistance”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Mr. Borliachon was highly recommended by friends who had toured wih him. He was booked for our available dates, but helped us make private bookings with chateaux. He was extremely responsive and helpful, and he would be our go to guy in Bordeaux next time.

1 Thank bladvisor
Salisbury
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Doesn't get better than this!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was travelling solo, but Frederic arranged a tour with another couple to share the costs. He picked me up promptly and after an interesting crossing of Bordeaux during the rush hour we headed off to the Medoc area. We visited 3 representative Chateaux each with a different, but fascinating slant on the magic of viniculture. Tastings at each of course!
The choice for lunch was superb, the sister to a Michelin starred restaurant, but at a fraction of the cost for the formulae midi.
I knew only a little about wine, but learnt so much in the day with agreat tutor!
Will probably come back again with my wife. No, I will definitely come back with my wife!
Thanks Frederic.