“The best wedding we could wish for”
New Function Room 2013 St-Emilion-Bedroom-Rental-Chateau
Terrace On Wedding Day
Trip Advisor Award 2011 and 2012
Second Trip Advisor award 2011 and 2012
New Salt pool / heated pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Sophieand...
London, United Kingdom
“The best wedding we could wish for”
Reviewed 8 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We found Chateau Lagorce on Trip Advisor one year ago just after my now husband proposed to me. I am originally from Bordeaux but my husband is British and we were looking for a place in the area where we could host our friends & family coming from the UK.

The first time I visited the Chateau, just the day after contacting Anna, I immediately felt in love not only with the place which is the most stunning place you could dream for your wedding but also with the kindness of Anna.
She has been here all the way for the preparation, answering swiftly and making sure we had the wedding we wanted, not hesitating to personalise every single bit she could to make it "our" wedding. Being from Bordeaux but based in the UK, she really facilitated our life coordinating every contractors involved in the wedding. Don't hesitate to tell her what you need, she will for sure find it and also negotiate the best deal for you! She is extremely kind, detail oriented and you can see she really enjoys what she does. Ed, her husband, was also very helpful and was available for any question and help required.

Now the place: it is just the most perfect place for a civil ceremony. We invited our friends & family, 100 people, for 3 days in August and we cannot count the number of people that said it was the most amazing wedding they attended and the best formula to do it over 3 days. Of course, when you are the ones getting married & having organised everything, there is really nothing more rewarding than people telling you how an awesome time they had.
Chateau Lagorce is ideally located in the country side but close enough to Bordeaux and its airport to make it convenient for your guests to come. There are also several options to accomodate extra guests for larger parties (as the Chateau accomodates around 50 people but our wedding was 100).
The rooms are large and comfortable, with A/C and half of them have brand new bathrooms.
We particularly enjoyed the bridal room with the jacuzzi on the terrasse which we enjoyed a lot being able to watch the stars just before going to bed every night.
The swimming pool is heated which means that you can use it whatever the weather might be which is a big plus!
The wedding formula comes with the caterer and photographer. Even if at the beginning I was a bit unsure about trusting someone else on such important topics, I was not disappointed: the food was AMAZING!! We chose duck confit and croquembouche for desert which delighted our UK guests as they are very famous french dishes. The staff was the nicest and they really made the extra mile to make the service as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
The photographer Mark is just the nicest person while being very professional. The best bit is that he knows the best places in the Chateau making sure you will have amazing shots. We were very happy with the result and also got the pictures very fast.
The flowers were also exactly what we hoped for and Anna really captured what we wanted by just sharing Pinterest pictures with her.
We also decided to go with a video of the day which we still think was a great idea! Laure, the videographer was really nice and it truly captures the day and feeling of the moment.
For the sunday night, we choose to have a pizza truck coming and really enjoyed the relaxed moment by the pool after the big day.

Should you consider a large family & friend reunion or wedding in the south of France, I cannot recommend enough this place that will make your occasion unforgettable for everyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole experience, the place, Anna & Ed
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
A TripAdvisor Member
“bedroom/ loo shower”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

bedroom windows would not open . no lock on loo door .no class shelf in by washroom.
loo seat loose. plug in washbasin plug stuck open could not close off .bedroom r/h light not working plug socket loose on wall. sideboard draws all stuck shut .only thee hangers in
wardrobe. bookshelf s full of woodworm. no rugs on floor. i would not use the shower if you payed me a guest of the above

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
7 Oct 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay at Chateau Lagorce.

Firstly I'm very confused by some of your points, as I believe that they are not valid points for complaint...
I have since visited the bedroom you were staying in, and the bedroom window does open, these windows are old and a little force needs to be used to open them, but the window that room is far from the hardest to open in the chateau.
Thank you for the concern with the woodworm, but this is not an issue as it has been inactive for a long time, indeed we have floorboards, and furniture in various places that has been touched
by woodworm in the chateau's vast history, but I can assure you none of the woodworm is still active.
The chest of draws in question is called an flip top chest of draws, the first 2 draws were never made to open but the "lid" on top of the chest of draws was made to flip open, the rest of the draws opened perfectly.
I don't really know what to reply to your comment about the rug apart from I'm sorry you didn't like our taste in decoration.

No one has been in the room since you and I see there are lots of coat hangers,also Anna went around all of the bedrooms just before your stay to check on coat hangers / to take some out as we have an abundance,but I'm glad you managed to find some somewhere.
I'm sorry we did not get chance to do a light bulb check before you arrived, and I know how annoying this can be, but again if you had just asked me to deal with it I could have had it replaced within minutes.
The wall mounted plug socket was very slightly loose, which can happen during a season, but I have rectified the situation, as it was wall mounted/ very slightly loose I can assure you it was not dangerous.

I feel your main issue with the bathroom was the size, and its true this bedroom has a small bathroom, and for someone either tall or large I'm sure it can be awkward, and although we have never had complaints before about this bathroom we will be renovating it this winter to optimise space/ make it comfortable for all guests.

The toilet seat was again marginally loose and I have now nipped it up.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and hope that you would not hesitate in coming back for a second visit at Lagorce.
Mike C
“Great location and hosts. But facilities need attention.”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

I attended a wedding in September. The location is great and Edward and Anna are attentive and helpful hosts.

However there are some important things that need fixing.

Most of the en-suites had serious defects, such as unusable showers and baths, including missing plugs and blocked sinks. Toilet seats are loose or don't match the bowl and shelves above the sinks are loose or missing. None of the bedroom doors can be locked from the outside which would enhance security when the whole property is occupied and some guests are not known to everyone else. And during the wedding itself when there are even more guests.

The kitchen has a dishwasher. BUT it's an industrial one for washing glasses, nothing else. We were a party of over 50, staying all week. Washing everything by hand was a major chore.

The kitchen has a massive double door fridge which was great. But only one, under the counter freezer that would be too small for our own home.

Finally, the WiFi is useless. At no time was I able to make use of it, even to check emails. I had to rely on my mobile phone and pay for the roaming.

Don't get me wrong. We had a great time and the wedding was a tremendously successful event. But the things I've mentioned can easily be rectified and should be. I got the impression that the owners are trading on the location and are not focussing on the facilities. Fix these and it would become a "fantastic" venue.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of a dishwasher
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
Management Response
2 Oct 2016
Mike Thank you so much for your review of our property.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and gave us a 4* review. I have to agree Olly and Zanes wedding weekend was such a success and the people I managed to speak to were all so nice and expressed to me how they had such a great experience at Lagorce.

It is so important to have constructive criticism as without this we can not progress as easily as a business.

I'm sorry you felt there were some problems, I am however a little confused why you did not take the time during your stay to raise any of these points with anyone?
A couple of minutes during your stay instead of a couple of minutes writing on tripadvisor would have been much more productive for both parties.

In reply to your comments:-

On arrival all bathrooms were cleaned and in the process of cleaning bathrooms the cleaners run water in each sink, if there was a blockage I would have been made aware by my cleaners, but i'm presuming that something happened during your stay, If someone had said something to me I could have had the sink fixed withing 30 minutes.... I am presuming that whoever had the problem with the sink managed to unblock it as when the sinks were cleaned again at the end of your stay for the next clients there was no blockage, and the next clients did not complain either.

Chateau Lagorce is a very old building which we have managed to keep the old character of the furnishings and decorations, including the doors (even though we have had to bring the chateau up to a high standard of fire regulations). The Chateau is let as a whole, as a villa all be it a large villa often enough a couple will rent the chateau for a wedding, and have their close friends and family stay with them on site and visit for the day of the celebration, for all of these reasons we do not feel it is necessary to have external locks on doors, but for privacy we have locks for the inside.

A point where I have to disagree with you is the dishwasher, which a lot of clients have said it is not just good but a god send, if you did not know how to use the dishwasher I could have explained this to you, you only needed to ask. There are racks provided for glasses, plates and cutlery,along with a button that clearly shows plates and glasses - it is such a shame you never said anything whilst you were staying with us -I'm sure youwould have been really happy with the speed of cleaning plates etc with the 2 minute cycles.

Over the past 12 years of letting the chateau we came to realise that a freezer is hardly used, hence why we only have a small one under the counter again its such a shame you never said anything whilst you were here, as although this is the only one in the kitchen we do have a chest freezer available in our stock area we would have gladly let you use.

I agree with you the wifi at the chateau is awful, although I don't think its too much of an issue to many people as most clients are here to celebrate a wedding.
The internal connections are in fact very good / completely open / free, it is more the internet connection.
It is however completely out of my hands as I explained to Olly I used to have a satellite connection, but the ping was so slow it was no use either.
I have strived to have the best connections possible but with more than 40 people on site it is very hard to have anything but slow internet when your connection is 512K.
I Know it is of no use to you but thankfully Gironde has received French / European grants and the small town of Haux is one of the first towns to get an upgrade to "haut debit",
so next year the wifi issue will be solved...... we will however keep the wifi FREE as we hate going away and having to pay for wifi ourselves.
AmyPeters...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastique!”
Reviewed 19 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I did a lot of research into weddings in France and after emailing numerous venues I received the warmest response from the lovely Anna. After a year of planning and emails back and forth, we finally arrived at the Chateau and we were speechless! We hadn't been to the venue before we booked and so we had to trust the excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. The grounds are beautiful and the chateau itself has a lovely rustic charm. Every room had its own character and all of our guests were very pleased with the ones we had chosen for them.
The wedding was everything we hoped it would be and went without a hitch. Anna and her team were amazing on the day and we felt confident everything was taken care of. I must mention the photographer who made us feel so relaxed and at ease- we have just received the pictures and we are very happy!
The day before the wedding we had someone to come and make pizzas and the day after the wedding we had a hog roast which were both ideal for a large group.
The pool area is perfect for a group with room everyone and there is plenty to do if you don't want to leave the chateau. We took a trip to do some local wine tasting which was in walking distance and nice if you want to get out for a few hours.
I would recommend this venue to anyone thinking of getting married in France. Anna was so friendly and helpful at making suggestions that would fit our budget which made the whole process stress free. Thank you Anna and the whole team for the perfect day! xx

Amber1112
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“A wedding which could not possibly be topped!”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

So, after a year of planning and dreaming our big day has finally happened. And wow the memories are worth a lifetime and everyone can't stop talking about it! If you are considering booking then go go go! Please see below bullet points for ease...

- From start to end Anna was beyond amazing and beyond helpful. Despite my months of badgering she has become a life long friend to me and I am already thinking of plans to return to Bordeaux and see her. Edward is so kind too and baby Charlie is wonderful!

- Perfect wedding venue and back drop. Chic and Sophisticated and very unique. Never seen another or heard of one like it. From the table decor to the walking down the aisle steps.. It's heaven on earth and every brides dream. There's nothing you couldn't like about it

-surrounding town and area lovely

- lake and pool amazing. Plenty to do. Rooms wonderful four poster beds. Guests all slept well and loved it

- we visited after booking which was lovely but not needed, I just enjoyed seeing and having the vision. Time soon flew and the wedding was upon us!

- so many options of add ons and extras all assisted by Anna. We had a wonderful acoustic band and a dj who went down a storm

-cocktail hour canapés was amazing everyone was blown away

-meal was second to none and the wine. High quality and delivered beyond expectations. Everyone adored it!

- every morning we had delivered pastries which was so handy. We went to the local supermarket before and got everything we needed for first few days

-kitchen was ample also. It was amazing to have such fab space around us.

- everything we wanted and more was delivered

- people constantly talk about the wedding and how they won't feel any other wedding they go to will compare. That's so flattering

In short ... Book! Pictures don't do the beauty justice. The fun and memories made were priceless

One happy bride xx

Thank you Anna, you are a star and I will always remember how you gave us the wedding of our dreams.

Amber xx

Jessica B
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Our fairytale wedding”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We got married here in July 2016 and wow what an amazing wedding it was. We couldn't have wished for a more perfect day. Our own private chateaux was like something from a fairytale and we created some wonderful memories with our nearest and dearest which will last a lifetime. From the beautiful building, clean spacious rooms, huge lake for walking round (which my brother caught a 15lb carp in), to the food that was provided for us on the Friday Saturday and Sunday evenings (pizza van Friday night, wedding breakfast with French wedding cake on Saturday and BBQ on the Sunday) were all delicious! Anna, Edward and Eric were all fantastically helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them (especially as we had some quirky special dietary requirements amongst us). The dj on the Saturday night helped us to rock the dance floor until the early hours and the swimming pool area was lovely to chill out in and sleep off our sore heads on Sunday! Our guests haven't stopped talking about our weekend at this venue and are already planning a 1 year anniversary visit next year. Couldn't recommend this venue highly enough, there is no hesitation needed as you won't be disappointed...just book it!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Barbara D
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Nowhere better”
Reviewed 20 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

A sublime location with a fascinating history; the rooms are delightful, the service beyond excellent and the food just superb. The scenery is to die for. Facilities are excellent. The pool is just right. The staff could not have been more helpful. As a wedding venue, I could not imagine anywhere more magical. Catering hired for the non-wedding nights was great too and well worth getting: the pizzas were crispy and delicious and the barbecue provided by Le Plaisir du Gout was outstanding. Monsieur Le Maire who conducted the wedding service is a treasure.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The setting in glorious countryside with vineyards and woods to walk through as well as underground passages and lawns. Terraces with seating meant you could be full sun or shade depending on your taste
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;