Mercure Bordeaux Centre Hotel
Hotel Burdigala(Bordeaux)
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
1,110 results
All reviewsprivilege roomnespresso machineminute walkbordeaux centrenice hotelbit datedmacaroonsold citytram stopthe air conditioningcouple of nightscroissantscomfortable roomon footreception staffmeriadeckhexagonal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The hotel is situated a short walk away from the old town, it's attractions and many restaurants. The room was fine and we did not have any problems with noise as some of the other reviewers have, we were on the fifth floor and away from the lifts. Breakfast was fine with a fair choice but we did not eat any other meals here as it is close to a range of restaurants. All in all a very good choice for a short stay in Bordeaux.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janhooper50
Reviewed 25 December 2012

They turned off electricity so I had to call the reception to fix the problem. Then, the hair dryer was not working and they just said they couldn't do anything about it. The internet is free, but, You have to keep signing in or your connection closes. Breakfast was Ok. Only a few local channels on TV.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed for 1 night on business.

Location - The location itself is fairly horrible, concrete jungle just outside the city centre. However, it's only a 5 minute walk from the nice centre, so overall not too bad.

Room - The room was actually pretty good, except I booked a double and got a twin, but that's typical in Europe. Spacious room and bed was fairly comfy. Coffee facilities and free water is good.

Hotel Facilities - The elevator was the worst I've ever experienced in any building, let alone a hotel. I actually waited 10 minutes for the lift to come to the 9th floor - it would rise to the 8th then go back to ground. It's loud in the room, and lots of French tourists seemed to be waking at 0600 which was pretty disturbing as you can hear everything.

Restaurant - Can only comment on the breakfast, which was good for France. Quite varied hot and cold selection, but €16 was high.

Price - €165 was too much for this hotel. If I paid 100 I would have been happier. Thankfully it wasn't me paying.

Overall, it's OK. Not special, except for the staff who were all very friendly, and did everything to make the stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Get a low room - there's no view, and getting to the higher rooms takes HOURS
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ben1986s
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I was greeted at reception by the rudest person ever, her name is Nina. I felt like I was really bothering her by trying to check in. She was sure I didn't have a reservation, which I did. She was sure the room wasn't ready, which it was. She was very rude and everytime I asked I question she would sign and roll her eyes. It was ridiculous.

I booked a superior room. What a joke. Old pokey gross room.

Restaurant is also a joke. No pone speaks english and the food is terrible.

Nothing good about this hotel. Skip it!

• Stayed: October 2012