Stayed here May 2014.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the city centre of Bordeaux.
(As a digression, it's in the middle of this shopping-centre-complex-place called the Meriadeck, which has what looks like it was built in the 60s by some seriously groovy cats, man. The place would way freak you out, dude, particularly the way that the street level seems to be designed not to have any pedestrians on it. Time to knock it down and build something less ludicrous. Peace out.)
Anyway, the building of the hotel is also ridiculous, with "blockbusters"-style octagonal windows which look out over the floating shopping centre with no apparent entrances. But the internal part of the hotel is modern (as opposed to modernist) and therefore saner than the outside.
The room was good, clean and a nespresso machine, always a nice touch in my book, and there were complimentary drinks. There were robes (also a plus point for me). The bathroom was a bit of a "wet-room" in that the shower was just sort of "there", with the water going on the floor, which made things a bit wet, unsurprisingly.
Staff very pleasant and offered maps etc.
Top tip: The bus from the airport actually stops very close if you have the where-with-all to work out when to get off. I did, when I noticed that Fred Flinstone had gone to architecture school and applied his design ethos to a shopping centre, and recognised the buildings.
Would recommend, but a bit of a walk to the centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city center, the Mercure Bordeaux Centre hotel is just 10 minutes away from the Meriadeck business district and the historic center. Chosen as "European Best Destination 2015" and "Best City 2016," discover the fascinating Cité du Vin museum and exhibition center and other famous attractions. The hotel has 10 modular meeting rooms and the "K'fé Lounge" restaurant, which offers a modern, seasonal menu. Paid public car park and access for guests with reduced mobility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Bordeaux Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Bordeaux Centre Hotel Bordeaux
- Accor Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck