“Good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Bordeaux Le Lac

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ibis Bordeaux Le Lac
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Bordeaux
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here for a conference at the palais de congress. Excellent location as it is just over the road. Staff helpful. Room clean and spacious although the air con wasn't great and the room was rather hot. Food at the on site restaurant was a bit over priced but tasty and convenient if you didn't want to go out to eat. Very convenient for the bus stop to catch the bus that linked with the tram to the centre of bordeaux. Would stay here again. Beware the cost of a taxi ride from the airport- 48 euros!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 1066thoughts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

We expected to find lots of restaurants near Bordeaux Merignac airport, but failed until we saw the terrace at The Ibis. The staff at the Courtepaille couldn't have been more helpful and polite. We were slightly rushed and they produced a pitcher of wine very quickly, and then we had a very good lunch. The steak tartare was really good, and you could mix it yourself, and my friends enjoyed the Entrecôte and the duck confit. It is only about 10 minutes from the airport, and has parking. We'll definitely come here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank RosieannieD
somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stopped here on our way from Valencia to the UK, it was modern, bright and clean. The parking was secure, the staff friendly and the restaurant was excellent, especially desserts! The room was large and immaculately clean and the bed very comfortable,was slept very well. The Buffett breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice.
The only draw back was that there were no tea and coffee facilities in the room, so next time (yes we will stop here next year when we do the same trip) we will bring a travel kettle with us.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stevebirdSomerset
Sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We did not stay at the Ibis Hotel but at the next door Pulman Hotel. However the terrace of the Courtepaille Restaurant,primarily a grill,looked really attractive so we gave it a try.
The food was a really mixed bag with my wife enjoying her fish dish, but my duck being probably the toughest I have ever had.
The meal was also spoiled by flies, probably due to our table being adjacent to a large bush that needs trimming.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Wooler, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I booked the Ibis Bordeaux Lac as a stopover whilst driving a car back from Spain. It was only intended as somewhere to have a sleep and leave early the following day but do NOT be put off by it being on an industrial area! Oh, how glad was I that I arrived early (1700 hours)!! The welcome in reception was exceptionally friendly and everything was sorted out efficiently and I was given the code for the secure car park. I then had the best surprise which was the terrace restaurant overlooking the lake next to the Exposition Centre. The food was superb - so good that I watched several guests come across from other hotels nearby (who paid much more for their room than I did at Ibis). I wasn't rushed to give up my table despite the number of diners wanting to sit in the sunshine on the terrace and even received 10% discount for showing an Ibis card - brilliant. Ooh, I had a great nights sleep and left to drive another few hundred miles onwards fully refreshed. Thank you Ibis Bordeaux Le Lac!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Duke-of-Clarkshire
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed at the Ibis for three nights recently, travelling from Canada. The room was fine--clean and comfortable, having free wifi is great. Unfortunately there were two front desk people who ranged from unhelpful to rude. On the Sunday night I needed to use the downstairs computer/internet to change my flight but the computer was on the Windows start page, where you have to sign in. The woman at the desk insisted, over and over and rudely, that there was no password, that it just had to start again by itself (by what... magic?) and this after it had been on that page for a few hours already.
The other thing was that (because the computer wasn't working) I wanted to try and make a phone call the next morning, to call the airport. As I was unfamiliar with France's calling codes and such I asked the morning desk person, who treated me as if I were taking up her very valuable time by asking how to use the phone. When what she quickly wrote down didn't work and I was hesitant to ask her again I was so frustrated that I ended up just leaving for the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo