“Best tarte hot and cold tarte”

L'Autre Salon de The
Ranked #1,054 of 2,564 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had the lunchtime special, tarte fromage de chevre/epinard and tarte Oceane (mixed sea food) with mixed salad ( various salade and fruits) for desert tarte pistache framboise et tarte au chocolat a l'orange meringue. They are also baking they own special break that change every day. We were seating downstairs in the basement which was very cosy and the service was first class. Can definitly recommend the place

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We asked our hotel receptionist where we could get a good cup of tea. Without flinching she recommended L'Autre Salon. We were not disappointed. There is a fine selection of homemade pastries ranging from crumbles to delicious tartes. My wife had a slice of Key Lime pie and I had a pistache and red fruit tarte. Both were delicious. It took a bit of steeping for her LapSang to open in the cup and while she fretted I enjoyed a good 'grand creme'. The tables turn reasonably quickly and the clientele this afternoon was young and fun. It's a bit pricey but it is justified: quality is not cheap. If you are a tea nut their list of teas covers at least three pages. The couple next to us ordered teas we never knew existed and they were pleased. Whitebeard83

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My favourite tea house out of the many Bordeaux has. A "picture perfect" but unpretentious tea house. Try their "3-slice sampler" for a generous range of their delicious home-maid pastries. Apart from their addictive Banoffee pie, I recommend their steam cooked Cheesecake and Key Lime pie. Their tea selection is very good. They also make a generous hot chocolate. The prices are decent as their servings generous. L'Autre Salon de Thé also can be found in old downtown Toulouse, with the same delicious menu.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Visited with my wife for a much needed tea and cake stop. Only a few metres from one main street and on a very busy secondary street but well worth the visit. Wide range of speciality teas - my wife had Japanese green tea and I chose Chinese gunpowder. I recommend the 7.50 euro tasting plate of three cakes/ tarts and was happy to take suggestions from the helpful waitress. Well worth the visit

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Oh, l’Autre Salon de Thé.. should be called Café de dégueulasse. This place is located in the center of the city very near Hotel de Ville. We got there and it was packed, which we take as a good sign, especially since all the patrons seemed to be locals. We were seated and the server warned us that she would not be able to get to us for a while. This resulted in us not getting menus or water or even being acknowledged for 20 minutes. The dinning room is very small and tight with little tables, pretty normal for French restaurants.

We both ordered the Magret de Canard (Duck Breast). Once we ordered the food came very fast, maybe too fast. As long as our food comes we understand having to wait a bit. The salad was warm and the duck was way under cooked from what we asked. We ordered 2 of the desserts and they were decent at best, their desserts are what they are known for.

WARNING: don’t ask for ketchup or you will be publicly ridiculed for it- literally, they lady made quite a scene so everyone in the restaurant knew. We thought it was kind of funny considering we were asking for ketchup for the fries not the duck. Thinking I was in the wrong, I asked the Bordelais gentleman sitting next to me if he ate his fries with ketchup and he laughed and said, "of course". Also, both of us got food poisoning, my wife was nine months pregnant; it put her into the hospital 2 days before she went into labor with an insane fever.

1  Thank shem h