“A charming pearl in the centre of beautiful Bordeaux”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Boutique Hotel

Le Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 173 Hotels in Bordeaux
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madrid, Spain
“A charming pearl in the centre of beautiful Bordeaux”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I believe this small boutique hotel just opened and it’s in the very centre of Bordeaux - so it’s ideal for visiting this beautiful city on foot. My girlfriend and I stayed in a suite which was quite large, well decorated, very bright, and had its own terrace with a very French view over the slate-tiled rooftops. There is a beautiful courtyard with tropical plants which makes you feel you’re in the countryside rather than in the centre of a city, specially because it’s so quiet. All in all it was rather enchanting! The personnel were smiley and helpful – and there are many good restaurants nearby.
Our favourite feature was having our very own heated jacuzzi outside in a small terrace leading from our bedroom - with high walls surrounding it so it was very private – perfect for a night of relaxation!
The hotel was due to finish works mid-november according to the receptinnist, so the reception area will be the last to be transformed and is the one letdown of this charming hotel - other than that, everything was sophisticated and new, but the reception area lets it down now - it was tucked away and hard to find, whereas the natural place would be right at the entrance - again according to the receptionist it will be in the right place very soon - which is important. Overall, we look forward to coming back soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the suite with the terrace jacuzzi - fantastic!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Frejus, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This small hotel is right in the centre and within walking distance of just about everything - and all spic and span as it's brand new, very comfortable and well decorated. We stayed for just over a week and were in a blue room with a superb transparent jacuzzi where you can put your USB key in and listen to the music under the water! The room was very comfortable and surprisingly silent despite being in the centre of town, with a large tv, free wifi and all mod cons. The hotel is like a beautiful private town house with a lovely terrace/courtyard full of plants at the centre, rooms on every side of the courtyard, away from the traffic noise (which was always our problem when staying in central hotels in Bordeaux).
The terrace is great for breakfast, a little haven of peace in a bustling city. Victoire and the other receptionist were both very helpful for all the questions we had regarding tourism/restaurants/vineyards etc and recommended some excellent restaurants nearby. (The hotel has no restaurant but there are lots nearby).
We had a very relaxing time (needed, as we had lots of sightseeing to do on our holiday) and this hotel is very good value considering its location and comfort. The few teething problems did not spoil our stay at all.

France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Reception just an office and does not set the right ambience. The room was large and the bed and pillows perfect. However the situation was not so quiet. Our luck there was building works going on outside. The central situation is good. Did not have breakfast so cannot comment on that. Would go back to the Regent next time and pay the premium!!!

2 Thank CatGrant
Geneva
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I love boutique hotels and try to book one in every city that I visit the last few years. This hotel is very new, was told it started business only since March 2011. My husband and I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and arrived at the hotel address with the impression that we may have gotten the wrong place.....but no, it was right, except you have the impression of walking into someone's lovely courtyard, albeit a little abandoned, because of the rain, there was no one.

We looked for the reception but there was none. Instead there was an office, with 2 tables and we called out for assistance. A friendly young woman arrived and showed us to our room. No formalities, no checks of passports etc, did not feel like it was a proper check-in, but didn't bother me because it saved time, I don't like long check-ins.
Ours was a room on the ground level, accessible only by walking through the breakfast room and the door was along one wall of the room, which means I can literally walk out of the room and have breakfast in my pjs if I want, or other guests can look into my room while having breakfast when I open my door.....issue of privacy there...Ours ws the only room on this side. Was told there were 4 more rooms across the courtyard. The room was comfortably big, with a bathroom that has a shower but no partition so the whole bathroom gets wet after a shower, I did not appreciate this "open concept" which was pointed out to me when I brought this point up with the hotel lady ( receptionist).
Do not look for service in this hotel after 8, no one around to help me book a cab when I needed one. I stayed the second night by myself and did not feel safe when I got back from dinner past 11, there's no night concierge, and there are no other rooms on my side, I was pretty much on my own.
So the upside is, the location is great. It is in the center of Bordeaux and we walked everywhere from the hotel. I had breakfast for 8 euros in Cafe Regent 100 m from the hotel with good coffee, delicious freshly squeezed OJ and tastiest croissant. Hotel breakfast was 20euros if I am not mistaken and the hotel lady ( how else do i address her?)said she had to pre order from boulangerie. I gave that a miss.
I would go back to this place only if I am not traveling alone, take another room other than the one I had, and they improve the service ( the man in the office who gave me directions to the fleuriste was not the friendliest), partition the shower, increase security. Since it is new, perhaps these are teething problems. I hate to see a boutique hotel like this one not succeed when it has much potential.
It is great for location, charm, modern decor, calm, good sleep. It is bad for single women, security, service, the room next to breakfast room, lack of proper reception and consistency in service quality.

Room Tip: There 6 more rooms ready soon. Do not choose room on ground level next to breakfast room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business