I stayed 2 nights in April. The hotel is a short walk from the railway station, so is also convenient for the Navette shuttle bus from the airport.
Checkin was easy and efficient. The two lifts are both fast and I hardly ever had to wait long for one.
I had a privilege room on the 4th floor - larger rooms than the normal ones with a terrace outside and a minibar inside.
The room was a good size, plenty of room for storing things and a good sized work desk. the usual problems of not enough sockets for laptop/ipad/iphone but unplugging various appliances solved that. The bed was huge and comfortable, the bathrobes fluffy and copious amounts of complementary toiletries.
My only real niggle with the room was the lack of proper cups and glasses. Although a Nespresso machine was provided with capsules, the only cups were paper ones, although the minibar was stocked with complementary soft drinks, the only glasses were plastic ones.
It's only a 20 minute walk to the centre of Bordeaux, or a short tram ride from the stop almost outside the hotel.
My biggest complaint was breakfast on both days. Service was really slow and inefficient resulting in places not being cleared for well over 30 minutes. This meant no places being available or sitting at a table with used cups and plates around you. The breakfast was just about OK, nothing special at all. In future I would go to one of the cafes in the area or at the rail station.
So, a reasonable hotel, if a bit tired round the edges, in a convenient location but let down by the breakfast service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully renovated in 2010, the Mercure Bordeaux Gare Saint Jean hotel has 99 quiet, spacious and air-conditioned rooms. You can easily reach the heart of the city center from this hotel, which is 273 yards (250 m) from the TGV train station in the Saint-Jean district (a UNESCO world heritage site). It is an ideal place for your business meetings and tourist trips. The hotel offers Wi-Fi, a bar, a restaurant, 1615 sq. ft. (150 m²) of conference space and an indoor car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mercure Bordeaux Centre Gare Saint Jean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Bordeaux Gare Saint Jean Hotel Bordeaux
- Hotel Bordeaux City Centre
- Holiday Inn Bordeaux
- City Centre Hotel Bordeaux