This hotel was clean and quiet. The room was reasonably sized, albeit with a huge bed. As is usual with some hotel chains, the WC was separate from the bathroom which I always find a bit strange. The hotel is handy for the main station and is right on the tram line to the centre. It is about a twenty minute walk to the centre.
On the negative side the air-conditioning wasn't great and the restaurant was closed. Even getting a drink in the bar took some effort.
If this was a 3* hotel I might have given a higher rating, but its supposed to be 4* and so needs to be of a higher standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully renovated in 2010, the Mercure Bordeaux Gare Saint Jean hotel has 99 quiet, spacious and air-conditioned rooms. You can easily reach the heart of the city center from this hotel, which is 273 yards (250 m) from the TGV train station in the Saint-Jean district (a UNESCO world heritage site). It is an ideal place for your business meetings and tourist trips. The hotel offers Wi-Fi, a bar, a restaurant, 1615 sq. ft. (150 m²) of conference space and an indoor car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mercure Bordeaux Centre Gare Saint Jean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Bordeaux Gare Saint Jean Hotel Bordeaux
- Hotel Bordeaux City Centre
- Holiday Inn Bordeaux
- City Centre Hotel Bordeaux