“Excellent budget hotel”

Ranked #155 of 174 Hotels in Bordeaux
London
“Excellent budget hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Great budget hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Located within short walking distance from main train station. I was worried it might be noisy but it was not. I travelled with my husband and baby and we were well looked after.

Room Tip: Make sure they know you are travelling with a baby or child and they will ensure you have a room in...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The staff was extremely rude and didn't want to help us with anything! When we arrived we were "welcomed" by an angry woman pointing to a sign that told us, we had to wait for checkin about one hour. The rooms are really dirty and the bathrooms smell like .. well, bathrooms that haven't been cleaned in a very long time. Location is okay, it's quite a long walk from the city centre, but it was okay, the tram is right outside the door and it's a 5 minute walk to the Gare SNCF.

• Stayed April 2013

Travellers are raving about these Bordeaux hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I travel quite a bit and I can confidently say that this hotel ranks among the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The room decor and furniture is from the 1950s which wouldn't be that bad but the bed was atrocious. The bed mattress was paper thin and the bed frame was a metal frame much like something from a sleeper couch...only there was no couch, the frame was propped up onto a ledge and was not secure (I could pick up the frame and move it around the room). The room has an aura of a funk as if it had not been deep cleaned in years. The shower head was actually attached to the sink and did not have its own plumbing. As a result, the curtain would not shut and water went everywhere in the bathroom. Additionally, the shower head was broken and sprayed water both in the proper manner and out of the leaky seal. This is not a hotel...this is a place where patrons bring their escorts for the night. Go somewhere else as there are plenty of options in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I went into this hotel skeptical with all the bad reviews I had read, but I must say they seemed unfounded. The room wasn't anything spectacular however It was comfortable and clean, The bathroom was fine and I had a great sleep. The staff were friendly even though I didn't speak french. It is located a few minutes walk from the main train station (or one tram stop which is just out the front) which is why I booked this accommodation, would definitely do so again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
zurich
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This was the most disappoiting hotel I have ever stayed in. The first shock was the size of the room and even worse the bathroom. The room was very small..Just big enough to include a bed and a small dresser... The bathroom is equally cramped.The bed was very uncomfortable.
The windows need to be closed all times due to its proximity to the tram line. Only advantage is the location.Close to the railway station and the old town is also at a walkable distance. Maybe ideal for a single night. But surely wouldnt recommend to stay here for a couple or family !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Brittany France
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I booked this hotel as a stopover on the way from Brittany to the South of France by car. All I needed was somewhere to get some sleep before my onward journey so really didn't pay much heed to the reviews. BIG mistake!!
My room (or should I say cupboard!) was very 'tired' to put it politely. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall, the curtain was held up by 2 bits of string that would not allow it to extend to cover the window, the 'en suite' was a plastic capsule with barely enough room to turn around in and the carpet was threadbare and stained. The room was stuffy, although they did provide a (very noisy) fan.
I was tired and hungry after a long day driving but the reception staff could not tell me if there was anywhere close by to eat. I went into the Mercure hotel next door to see if they had a restaurant but that was only open at breakfast time. I walked across the road and found a Spar shop where I bought some bits and pieces to take back to my room. My thoughts were to just grin and bare it, get some sleep and move on early the next morning.
However, I hardly got any sleep due to the continuous noise from outside - trams, rowdy youths kicking over wheelie bins and lots lots of shouting. At 2am I tried to close the window despite the stuffiness but it would not close so could not shut out the noise, which continued virtually all night.
I woke at 7am after only a few hours sleep and couldn't get out of there fast enough. I drove to the nearest rest area on the toll road, parked up, got some breakfast and then had an hour or so kip in the car to try and be alert enough to drive the rest of my journey.
Unfortunately I had also booked this hotel for my return journey and despite complaining to the hotel about my stay they would not refund my second booking. I cut my losses and booked another hotel as I would not return here under any circumstances - I would have rather slept in my car all night!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo