“Beautiful Food in a quirky setting.”
Review of Elvis - CLOSED

Elvis
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Don't be afraid of the name of this restaurant, it is not Elvis themed. The restaurant itself is quite small and dark, but there are lots of photos taken in and around Bordeaux and further afield adorning the walls. The witing staff are polite, attentive and knowledgeable, the food was delightful, there were three priced set menus with lots of choice in each. All three courses were excellent. I liked the opportunity to try the wines before buying, whilst there isn't a wide choice the fact you can try means that you can easily make an informed choice, unlike another reviewer I found the man at the bar, the owner I think, to be very helpful. Some of the wines were quite pricey but there were some at the lower end as well €24 ish. All the food we had was well presented and perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Me and my wife had a lovely dinner at Elvis recently. The small restaurant was filled with mostly young people. There was one party of around 15-20 young people having a good time. It was funny to observe that half of them seemed to be outside for a cigarette at any time. And they certainly contributed to give the restaurant a lively atmosphere. Nice!

Of course we used the option of tasting the wine before choosing. I am not a wine expert, so I would have prefered that the "wine-chief" could have been more active and given me some more advice?

We had the three course menu an we were thrilled by the mix of tastes and ingredients. The food were served and explained in a correct and complete way by the waiter.
Lovely!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

After a very long day of travel from the US to Bordeaux, via snowy Paris, we were ready for a nice quiet meal before we crashed. Gastronomy and wine were two major reasons we chose a vacation to France, and the restaurant Elvis gave us a great start. We chose it because of its proximity to where we stayed and also because of the Tripadvisor reviews. It has a very nice atmosphere, intimate and welcoming. The service was excellent and, as mentioned in other reviews, being able to taste wines before ordering was very helpful. My husband chose the prix fixe menu and chose a first course of a most unusual and most delicious salad. Besides greens, it had crispy pieces of something like crepes, stuffed with goat cheese, assembled on top. For his main course, he had Coquilles St. Jacques on a bed of pasta made with light cheese and thinly sliced chorizo. His dessert was called Elvis Viennoise. I can't tell you exactly what it was but it seemed like different forms of cream (ice cream, whipping cream, and a custard cream) all layered together in a glass. Rich, but out of this world! For my dinner, I had a first course of shrimp grilled in a creamy whiskey sauce. I had to use 3 pieces of bread to get every bit of that delicious sauce. My main course was a white fish that was simply prepared and served with mashed potatoes. It was meaty, moist and cooked to perfection. It tasted as fresh as it could be. The menu had made a point of mentioning that they always try to use the freshest most locally sourced ingredients, and it showed. Prices were also reasonable. Our total bill was 75 Euros, for the food, bottled water, and one glass of wine each. I would highly recommend this restaurant although I'm still wondering where the name Elvis came from!

1  Thank kayteeMilwaukee
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We chose this restaurant for a lunch after a meeting in Bordeaux and were not disappointed. The restaurant is small and intimate - the welcome and service are both excellent. The idea of tasting your wine before buying has been explained before but it is something which should be adopted by more restaurants in France. I found a perfect wine for my lunch. The menu is simple at lunch time but the food is well cooked and prompt. I look forward to experiencing the delights of Elvis one evening.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Only having one day to see Bordeaux, we didn't want to waste time searching for a place for lunch, or spend money on less than average food. We quickly decided on Elvis based on TripAdvisor reviews, and did not regret the decision at all. In fact it soon became one of our favourite meals during our whole trip of France. From being able to test the wine prior to purchasing, to chatting to the owner about his photography which is on display to the delicious, seasonal, contemporary French food - this place is SHOULD be on your list to try!