“Outstanding!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Une Cuisine en ville

Une Cuisine en ville
Reserve with
Une Cuisine en ville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 2,319 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Price range: US$21 - US$71
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Philippe Lagraula
Bury St Edmunds
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was recommended this place and I was not disappointed. The little courtyard at the back was the perfect place to enjoy an amazing dinner. Service was friendly and really looked after you. The food was outstanding and I could not fault a single part of it. I could not recommend this place more and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BobbyWelstand

Fayence, France
“Exciting presentation, very good execution.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was our last night in Bordeaux. After three days of glorious lunches and dinners we decided to 'behave' ourselves and have just one course instead of taking their very attractive menu at E31. My wife had cow cheeks and I had sweetbreads. Instead of a bottle of wine we chose a glass of white and one red. The cow cheeks were classic bistro fare however the chef had cajoled the wine sauce into an exciting texture: unctuous but light. My sweetbreads were pan fried small medallions presented with a colourful medley of vegetables and flowers. What flowers? I don't know the difference between a rose and a tulip. Since flower petals were on my plate I ate them. We were the first customers to arrive and the restaurant filled up within thirty minutes. The decor is modern, a bit noisy, but the ambiance is excellent and the service is quick and efficient. We were the only non-French and I heard snippets of conversations at the adjoining tables and they were very satisfied. Whitebeard83

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
UK
“Lazy cooking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel who made a reservation. (Perhaps a trifle eagerly. Maybe some connection?) We had spent some time during the day looking for any restaurant that did not do the standards ie steak and duck breast and not found anything, so we were open to suggestions - unfortunately. Menu was very limited (sometimes, of course, a good thing, here laziness.). One 29 euro menu plus tapas at 50 euros. Small carte. On the 29 we had scallops on pumpkin puree served lukewarm and almost tasteless. Main course was long cooked beef in a sauce that was harsh and bitter and I suspect added afterwards. Long cooked is fine but annhilated is something else! Pudding was a pineapple object which was stodgy and I think reheated from cold or frozen. Mostly cold with small warmth at the centre. All in all a product of a lazy kitchen. We were the only people there (it was quite early) but there was no sign of a real cook in a real kitchen.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

Une cuisine en ville is the best restaurant I've ever been during my trip to France. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. The customer service is high quality and it seems that you are staying at the restaurant of a luxury 5 stars hotel. The owners were very friendly and made us feel great. The whole experience was outstanding! We will definitely come back next summer!

UK
“Excellent quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Having looked through some of the restaurant reviews on TA, and this restaurant being in the center of Bordeaux (albeit tucked away in a side street) we decided to give it a try for lunch, and so glad we did! We were asked how we had found the restuarant so we mentioned the good reviews on TA. We had a three course set meal for 17 euro per person and all courses were tasty. Particulary good was the dessert of strawberries and sorbet, truly yummy. We would have absolutely no hesitation in coming back here again if we are in Bordeaux as it was a nice experience.

• Visited July 2012