“Well Worth It”
Review of Feral Surf Tours

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bordeaux
Feral Surf Tours
“Well Worth It”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed for four nights in June and wished I booked a full week. Great location, amazing weather, excellent tuition and loads of cool people. Even if your not that keen on surfing it's still a great place for a holiday. Beware of the chilli

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samuelheller

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I don’t even know where to start... So many great things to say about this place and even more great things to say about the people.

The staff are the most welcoming bunch you could meet. I was travelling alone yet felt like part of the family by the end of the first evening.

The surf instruction is excellent. The instructors are very patient and personalize the guidance for each individual after the basics have been laid down. Vern and Nell really helped me undo some bad habits that I brought with me, while Phil was great at pushing to me to go further/bigger. I am now desperate to get back to some surf to keep practicing what they taught.

The campsite is great fun. It’s the chill-out zone. Here you will be fed and watered, you will find hammocks and seating areas to recover from either the day’s surfing or catch up on the sleep you should have had the night before!

The tipi’s are ideal: Clean, carpeted, simple beds, UK electric sockets and a light. There are about eight on site, a couple for four people, and the rest for two, so the camp is never more that around twenty people and you will be sharing, which really helps keep the family feel. I’m rubbish with names, but knew everyone within 24hrs as you’re always chatting with each other.

The camp has a real mix of people: All age groups, solo travellers, groups of 2-4, a couple, and a father and son. While I was there we had folks from the UK, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands & USA.

There are a couple of bars and cafes within two minutes walk. The Atlantic is five minutes walk from your tent... maybe ten with a surfboard under your arm. Small towns are a short drive away and the Feral team do a couple of trips as needed. Montalivet Les Bains is worth visiting for the great market in the daytime... and the rum bar in the evening. Hourtin Plage is also a good evening destination if you need liquid refreshment.

Nell, Vicky, Tara, Andy, Phil, Pete, Mikey, Vern & Toby... You guys are the best. Thanks for a great holiday. Vive le Feral!

Trip Advisor readers... BOOK IT NOW!!!!!!! Can’t recommend these guys highly enough... and don't be surprised if you find yourself wearing shoes less when you return home, it just means you've become a little bit feral.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank YellowDubDude
Caerphilly, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Vern is the man: bustin the moves in the tubes. Phil does better lessons than Nell (only joking!) & Toby's cooking was just amazing. Bum Wars was my favourite (parts of me still need Nivia!!). Our Tipi was better than the Jumeirah Beach Hotel (Google it). Human pyramids rule (I am now an expert). Rich - I'll never feel safe on the Northern Line again, but 'respect' for your cool stance ("it wasn't me - honest!") in Werewolves. Just one word of advice guys - keep your clothes on next time. But seriously, Feral deliver. A fantastic holiday & a great team. And I can now surf (err sort of)!! Fantastic location, great camp (check out those Germans) lots to do & see. Happy days. Sun, sea, surf & quality French wine. There is no better combination. Roll on our next trip. I'm going body boarding in the Gower tomorrow but I wish I was going to Feral.

Room Tip: Both two & three person Tipis are available. You can also camp at the site & get free-form...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tappers_the_man
Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2013

When my friend said that for his stag do he wanted to go to France surfing i expected to be paying through the nose to be a miserable failure at something!
While Feral can't take responsibility for my athletic prowess it's certainly not through any lack of effort on their part! They are a friendly bunch, with great local and surfing knoledge. Frindly and patient and helpful.
For the little we paid i was schocked at the standard of the accomodation, the food and the drinks provided.
It's in a lovely location a light trot to the beach which is beautiful.
When we were not surfing or eating like kings we were treated to nights out of volleyball and the facilities on site are really good.
PLUS UK plug outlets in the cool teepee things we stayed in with proper cot beds! Joy!!
All in all it was a brillinat few days and i have no coubt that mixed groups would be just as happy.
A lovely bunch :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Matt T
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

travelled on my own for the first time in september 2012, had an amazing time, the camp is fabulous and staff were friendly. you sleep in tipi's which is a novelty but really comfortable, they have lights, plug socket and beds. the camp is small but great for the group to chill out and relax together, the food was great. the surf lessons were really fun and the instructors were very patient. will be booking again for next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 1982jules
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I booked this trip having always wante to learn to surf. I travelled alone and from the moment I arrived I felt like a part of the family. The owners/staff/fellow surf buddies were fantastic, accommodation excellent, food excellent, evenings hilarious. The weather was pretty poor but it didn't effect the holiday. The instruction/tuition was brilliant, despite poor surf conditions the encouragement and fun involved in learning was awesome. The staff were part of the students there was never a "them" and "us" situation
Safety was so important to the staff and never once did you feel like you were in danger
All in all and excellent holiday already looking forward to next year !!!
Well done to all
JT

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jtownly
London
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just spent 4 nights with these guys. Having never surfed before was a little nervous but everyone puts you at ease and makes you feels so welcome. The accommodation is fantastic being able to stand up in your teepee is so nice. The site is set up really well with hammocks and shade for chilling between lessons
The coaches were fantastic and so patient and really take an interest in your progression
The food was fab and a real opportunity for everyone to sit around and eat and talk I never felt that us and them thing with any of the staff there they really were so amazing and we had too many laughs!!
I cannot recommend this holiday enough for novices like me too experienced surfers.
The fact that I stood up on a surf board and rode some waves is testimony to the staffs commitment to what they are doing.
This company is going to grow and grow!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Dalehattey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bordeaux
ResidHotel Galerie Tatry
#1 of 1 in Gaillan-en-Medoc
Pierre & Vacances Village Club Lacanau
Residence-Club Odalys du Port
Residence Pierre & Vacances Les Grands Pins

Been to Feral Surf Tours? Share your experiences!