“GBK in Bordeaux”

West Coast Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #101 of 2,447 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Frustrated by the lack of "proper" burgers in Bordeaux, I decided to set up my own gourmet burger restaurant! Locally sourced beef, proper buns, back bacon, mature English cheddar, home made chips and desserts, and a takeaway service. We are open 7 days a week. We also have a wide variety of foreign and local beers, wines and a BYO service. we look forward to seeing you.
west midlands
“GBK in Bordeaux”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had so much fine food on this trip that sometimes you just fancy something completely different. This reminded me so much of GBK back in England although I thought the buns and burgers were better here. Fries for my taste were a little overdone and it's the first time I've had a basilic reduction with fries too (it was good).
Clean, friendly and at around €13 for a lunch deal of a burger, a side and a non alcoholic drink good value in Bordeaux. Wine and beer is available. The place was packed.

• Visited July 2014

Worldwide Traveler
“Juicy and Delicious Burgers”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Firstly, I am not a burger lover. The restaurant we had booked lost our reservation ... So where to go in Bordeaux? With all the French food available ... We happened by this place and decided to give it a try... A burger joint?

OMG! The burgers were delicious! Juicy, medium rare, perfectly formed for the bun... The fries and onion rings were cooked to order, and delivered hot. Everything was perfect.

• Visited April 2014
Bordeaux, France
“Best Burger in Town”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is one of the best Burgers I have had ever, and I am American. They use great products and the bread is good too. The meat was not over cooked, which I love because it was a good quality beef. However for most Americans, the meat may need to be cooked more and therefore you should ask for it. This is a great spot for lunch, maybe less for dinner. It is a remote spot without terrace, so it is not so easy to find. But worth the walk to find because all the streets around it are really cute. Of course it is a bit more expensive than a fast food burger, but this is absolutely not the same thing. It is worth the investment.

• Visited August 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Best burgers in town”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Here you will find the greatest burgers ever, in buns which do not taste of cardboard! Pity about the overcooked chips, but I am sure another visit will address the problem. Obviously a lunch time venue for the young businessmen and women of Bordeaux.

PS Get yourself a street map, because it's hard to find if you're a tourist

• Visited June 2013
Aquitaine, France
“Best burgers in France”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

These are great burgers cooked beautifully pink, served on a good bun with copious fillings and good fries..
I had the Classic bacon and cheese with added caramelised onions and jalapeños ... Mouth watering !
Good selections of beers to go with the food.
Nice, small comfortable interior with friendly, attentive staff ... Our waitress had also worked at Hache in London, my favourite burger restaurant in London.
This is what burgers are meant to be, rather than the mass produced, poor excuse for a burger that one gets at chains like McDonalds. They will also cater for parties ... great idea.
We will be back as soon as another burger-hunger strikes.

Visited June 2013