Une Chambre en Ville
  • Breakfast included
US$130
US$119
  • Room Service
Hotel Le Chantry(Bordeaux)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$446
US$395
Official Site
  • Room Service
All reviewsb bduplex apartmentgreat locationgarage parkingquiet streetwalking distancerooms are cleanhotel is locatedlilleremicitycentregambettatidy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. we have two young children so the grande suite we booked last minute on booking.com was a great size for us. because we booked at the last minute we also got a fantastic rate. the rooms overlooked the street, were very large, really clean and nicely decorated. had tea and coffee making in the room, and a fridge. breakfast was included. it is pretty basic and simple but very fresh. the only thing we found was on arrival there is no real meet and greet. we had to find someone to get internet passwords and porta cots etc. but once we found someone and asked for these things they were no problem. i just think it is nice when you arrive in a new place to have someone give you your bearings etc. other than that personal touch on arrival this is great place to stay.internet access was very good in our room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2010

The rooms are lovely but we were really impressed by the care and consideration they lavished on us. Perhaps most important was that when the national strike kept the taxi from getting to the hotel to take us to the airport, the proprietor walked us round to meet the cab on the other side of the protest. We were able to get to the airport and to Paris on time because of his incredible generosity and kindness. I'll stay here again next time I'm lucky enough to get to Bordeaux - you should too!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We had located and booked this over the net without seeing any reviews before we went. We arrived in Bordeaux on the first Sunday of July - beware the roads close to the city centre are closed on the first Sunday of each month, which made finding a car park close to the B&B very difficult. We ended up approx 20 mins walk away and had to leave our cases in the car just taking the bare necessities with us. We went to the tourist information office who gave us a map and quickly found the B&B. We had been given the door code so could access our room without the need to check in. The room was clean and modern and bed very comfortable, it had an air conditioning unit if we needed. Likwise the bathroom was clean and bright. We didnt see anyone until the next morning and had a very pleasant breakfast and chatted to the owner who was very friendly. This was a great location close to the main areas of Bordeaux and would be an ideal place to stay for a city break. We were there for only one night but would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2010

A thoroughly pleasant place! I was surprised how big my room was. It felt like an apartment, and it was tastefully furnished in a sort of shabby chic. I loved opening up my French doors and watching people wander in and out of the shops. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The location is very convenient to the tourist sites (Cathedrale St.-Andre), shopping, and public transportation. I would definitely stay there again. So glad I didn't end up in a generic, nondescript place. Only minus: mosquitoes from leaving my windows open.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank rolandsf
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My first 2 nights were in a large apartment in the newly rennovated house across the street... it was very nice, very utilitarian and new... wireless internet signal was not very strong as it emminates from the main house (across the street).

My second 2 nights were alot less nice... I was moved to the "Nautical Room" because of lack of space (my fault... made last minute reservations)... very old and musty... bathroom toilet leaked, showerhead came off, and wall to wall carpeting was not as fresh as it could have been. 4th floor walk-up, but internet worked much better as antenna was just outside of my door.

Remy, the owner, can be charming and nice when he chooses.

Staff was great, and breakfast was tasty and rustic (in a good way).

Good part of town, but remember to ask for the newly rennovated house (across the street).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo